YYG Charlottetown Fullsize Hertz

vman666
By vman666,
in

On Jun 25 my bid for a full size car at the Charlottetown, PEI airport was accepted at $26/day. I had tried earlier on Jun 22 at $23 and was rejected. When I put the bid in for $26 Priceline said the bid was too low and suggested I had a good chance of being accepted at $53/day. I am very happy with this price. I checked a few websites including Hertz and for 8 days they want over $600 so I paid nearly half that.

Your Offer Price: $26.00

Total Rental Days: 8

Subtotal: $208.00

Taxes & Fees: $108.04

Total Charges: $316.04(USD)

• 2 months later...

I was very disappointed with Hertz and Priceline with this rental. I booked a full size car which is described as a Ford Taurus or similar on both the Priceline and Hertz websites. When I arrived at the airport they did not have any full size cars available so they "upgraded" me to a PT Cruiser. I understand the type of car you ordered is often not available when you arrive to pick up your rental. However in these situations I expect something similar or better. I have never been downgraded to a lower class of vehicle before. The PT Cruiser is small and does not in any way come close to a full size car in terms of size and cargo capacity. This vehicle was completely inadequate for my needs. I have rented PT Cruisers many times from Thrifty and they are not premium cars. They are classified as midsized. I feel this rental was a complete misrepresentation by both Priceline and Hertz and was very disappointed that their customer service representatives refused to help me in any way.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]