Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Oakland-East Bay (Oakland) Courtyard Downtown

Mannedorf
By Mannedorf,
in

Thought I would get airport Hilton based upon previous posts, but got Courtyard Marriott. Initial bid of $42, and received counter-offer to increase by $22 to $64. One night 7/21/07, $78.84 after taxes and service fees . Turned out to be a better location since I am going to a wedding reception down the street at the Oakland Marriott City Center.

Thank you for sharing your winning bid with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

The Hilton is 3* rated and usually goes for a bit more than this, so probably wasn't a very likely scenario based upon you bidding 2.5* and an amount lower than it has usually been won for... but all is well that ends well, glad to hear this works out even better for your plans :)

Also, priceline's counter-offers can almost always be under-cut, when you have some time give this thrad a read: Priceline Suggests Priceline to Pay

Thanks again for sharing yoru win(s) and have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I think I unsuccessfully bid for a 3* in Oakland, and then decided that I was not willing to pay too much for it. So I started a new bid for 2 1/2*. I don't think there were too many re-bid zones, and I didn't want to drag out the bidding process another day, so I accepted the counter-offer. We got a king bed with a pullout sofa, neither of which was very comfortable. There was free valet parking and the room was nice and quiet. Okay and economical for a one night stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]