Hotwire Hotel: 4* Miami (South Beach) Strand Ocean Drive Hotel

jeremy0877
By jeremy0877,
in

I believe the property ID for this listing was previously unknown....I was not able to figure this one out ahead of time, but decided to take a gamble and went for it anyway...

Miami South Beach...

Checkin 12/22, Checkout 12/23...

$179/night....

Boutique, Beachfront, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, High Speed Internet...

I was a little surprised/disappointed when it came up as the Strand Ocean Drive....While I am not intimitely familiar with this hotel I question hotwire's 4* rating...also, not sure if I agree that this property is "Beachfront"--having an Ocean Drive address does not necessarily equate to "Beachfront" in my opinion.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

While star ratings are subjective and therefore difficult to 'challenge'... beachfront is a bit more definitive. I don't know this property well enough to comment whether i would consider it beachfront, but if it's not then i would call HOTWIRE and question it (if they find it isn't they will likely give you an opportunity to cancel the reservation without charge or give you some "hot dollars" to use on a future purchase if you keep the reservation). As i type this i suppose my own definition of 'Beachfront' is if the hotel's property line borders the beach.

If you do 'challenge' any of the above with HOTWIRE please let us know the outcome.

Thanks again for the post and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well I called hotwire to question whether this hotel is really beachfront...and they called the hotel while I held on the line...and it turns out that it is in fact not a beachfront property. They refunded my reservation in full and gave me $50 hotwire bucks to use towards a future booking. Thanks for suggesting that I contact HOTWIRE about this!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]