Priceline Hotel: Bidding help - Manhattan, November 07

Tinabull
By Tinabull,
in

Hi everyone, I am a newbie to this site from the UK.

I am looking for 2 hotel rooms in Manhattan for 6 nights arriving 12th November and departing 18th November.

At the moment prices look pretty high and we are all travelling on a real budget. I would be really grateful for advice on the following:

- Is it too far in advance to get a good PL deal?

- What star rating hotel can I reasonably expect to get for around $100 - $120 + tax?

- What areas work out to be the cheapest? I don't mind what area as this will be my 6th visit to NYC but would like to be within a short walk of the subway.

Thank you all in advance for your advice!

Tina

Welcome to BetterBidding!

- Is it too far in advance to get a good PL deal?
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.
- What star rating hotel can I reasonably expect to get for around $100 - $120 + tax?
I'm not so sure you'll be able to get anything above a 1* or 2* hotel for this price... and i wouldn't recommend bidding for such a low star level in NYC.
- What areas work out to be the cheapest?
It depends upon the star level... some area(s) have the most expensive hotels at the 4* level but the most reasonable 3* properties.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for that - I had a feeling I wouldn't get a room that cheap never mind two!

Please can you help me with a bidding strategy for a 4* in any area - transportation in NYC is so good that I don't mind where I stay as long as it is in Manhattan.

Many thanks

Tina

To be honest i would be happy with a 3 star - last time we did a priceline for NY we got the park Central which was fine and a good location.

Please can you help with a bidding strategy for a 3 star - 2 rooms from 11/12 - 11/18.

Non refundable this far ahead is fine as there is very little chance of out trip plans changing :) .

Thanks

Tina

At the 3* level you have one re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* MTW...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTS...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE...

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Select 3* Downtown...

Select 3* UES...

Select 3* MTW and MTS...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Downtown and UES...

Select 3* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and UES...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Downtown and MTS...

Select 3* MTW and UES...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTS...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Downtown and UM/CPS...

Select 3* MTW and UM/CPS and MTE...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTS and UES and Downtown...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and UM/CPS and MTE and MTS and UES and Downtown...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]