Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Airport OHare ORD) Hyatt Regency

biddingforhotel
By biddingforhotel,
in

Hi

Have you stayed in this Hotel before in Chicago and any feedback? Do you plan to visit and site see Chicago attractions. Will it be easy to navigate from this Hotel for sightseeing

I am planning to visit Chicago with Family in August for 4-5 days and want to get the most out of it by not overspending. I thought this Hotel can be bid for an excellent price but was unsure of the location as most people bidding for Downtown or Loop.

Thanks for your comments/feedback

This Hyatt looks very nice, and I guess that's why it is rated 4*. It is about 16 miles from Downtown Loop of Chicago. Keep in mind there is $17 parking fee overnight, remember to validate at front desk if you need multiple access (was $15). Also that the "room service" drinks, snacks ...etc are expensive, say $3 for a Pepsi can, and if you touch any, it is tied to sensor, and will be charged, so warn your kids in advance. The hotel is huge and could be far from everything, so need to be psychologically prepared. The fitness room is 24 hours. The shuttle to airport is frequent and reliable that you can wait at the curb level of elevator.

It is far from everything, so prepare your own snacks, or may be you can take the free shuttle to airport and take the blue line to Downtown Loop (about 30 minutes, and $2 per trip) to eat, there is also subway station about 10 min walk from Hyatt and that's one stop from airport. You can get a subway daily pass if you happen to want to ride subway whole day, will make you feel saved! The room is not big as it is Hyatt, but it is comfortable. Some people got lower, like $45 or even lower depending on the season, but I think $47 is fine with me since it has been renovated as I heard not long ago.

If you stay at Downtown Loop, be aware, shuttle from airport is about $25 and tax is $50 so depending on how many people you got to choose. But if you stay at this hotel, you will take shuttle to airport (or walk 10 min to subway blue line station) and take subway to Downtown Loop. With or without car, the plan may be different.

And when I checked in late, I got an executive suite which is huge and nice and very private, behind the elevator, most other guest of hotel could not find ... Hotel lobby is very nice, just stay for a few minutes makes you feel so great...

Keep in mind if you stay at the loop, parking is going to kill you. Drake $43, Hyatt $41 and Chicago City Center $38 ... to name a few. So, I think this hotel is best bet; there are plenty of vacant parking at night, so that may imply lots of vacant rooms, not that crowd...

Chicago is very clean and safe, at least, I feel very comfortable in all places I visit. And, keep in mind that nice Trolley is FREE and loop thru many attractions in Chicago.

Also, Chicago has 5 museums belong to ASTC members, that is to say, member families are FREE!!! Each of them located at very convenience place where one has to visit anyway! Just joined the first one you hit as member if you are not yet to be... (I got mine last year at Yale Peabody Museum, but this year waiting to get it from newly expanded Liberty Science Center to be reopen on July 19, 2007 ...)

1. Children Museum right at the entrance of Navy Pier, so you really can't miss it especially if you got small kids. And keep in mind Wed and Sat nights has great fireworks at Navy Pier.

2 and 3. Nature Museum is at Lincoln Park near FREE Lincoln Park Zoo, and you can park there in the morning and visit all 3, in addition to the north shore, and walk over to visit Surgelogical Science Museum.

4. The other two are at South, one is about 2 miles Fields Natural History Museum that you also got to check out the Shedd Aquarium and another one Plantarium, so hit that 3 in one day, and maybe a nice concert at night.

5. The Museum of Science and Industry is free and about 7 miles south at the shore, we hit that first and felt wonderful, the great underground coal mine was a great trip in addition to many other things. Just park the car at the underground parking. If your kids love skating, ripsticking, skateboarding ... there is a very nice and safe, clean skate board park nearby.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]