Priceline Hotel: NYC Hotel Mela ?

pyb
By pyb,
in

I am preparing to bid for a room in NYC 7/17-7/20.

I have been trying to build my brain around probabiliites...

I see this "Hotel Mela" which I know is boutique...but is listed as 4*.

I see it alot in Hotwire postings....have you seen it pop up in Priceline?

I think priceline is what I want to try...but I would be HIGHLY disappointed to get a glorified dorm room.

Thoughts?

If you can be 'almost' certainly ID the HOTWIRE Hotel as the 'Mela' and it's the one you want then I'd go with HOTWIRE.

PL is good for getting cheap deals BUT you take a risk as to which Hotel you get.

If the Mela hasn't been reported here it 'probably isn't available through PL but this changes all the time.

IMHO the 4* level in NYC is usually a good bet for a decent room.

With HOTWIRE "boutique" is not a star class (as it is with Priceline) but rather an amenity icon associated with a hotel.

While some NYC 4* hotels are certainly better than others (as is the case in any city) i would hardly consider any of them "glorified dorm rooms". What is the minium star rating you're willing to accept? (from your post it sounds like 4 stars, but in re-reading it, i'm not so sure you said)

What is your maximum bid? Which zone(s) are you willing to accept?

Let us know the above and we'll be in a better position to advise.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

UM/CPS = UpperMidtown / Central Park South (the name of the priceline zone)

The map won't be here... you'll have to go to priceline, enter "new your city, ny" in the search box and then click the "name your own price" button. Then you'll see the map and boundary of this area.

Let us know if you'd like to bid here as well... it's considered (imo, as well as most others) to also be 'centrally located'.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No no...the "map" that I was referring to I have seen on this site...maybe map is a bad choice of words...it more or less zone descriptions...detailing areas of the city, etc.

I do want to bid through this site. I am just a bit nervous with this particular property.

I haven't seen any winning PL bids with it...just wanted to see if you had seen such.

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones availalbe. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and re-bid zone2...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS and re-bid zone2...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS and re-bid zone2...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $190.

The above will take you up to your stated limit. If the above is rejected and you need a back-up, i did find the Affinia Manhattan (great reviews) for $210 thru GTA Hotels (please use this link to access). They don't show the cancellation policy, but in their terms they state that "the vast majority of hotels have a 4 day cancellation window" but the actual terms of the property will be shown on the confirmation screen... so just make sure on the confirmation screen that this property's cancellation is indeed 4 days.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]