Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USE) Omni San Francisco

smny
By smny,
in

Just completed my first Priceline transaction - thanks to all the advice on this board it was pretty easy. I wanted to get a good price on a hotel in San Francisco Union Square area for 1 night - I'm adding a night to my business trip and didn't want to shell out the $229 my company is paying for the rest of the stay at the Westin St Francis. Was hoping to spend no more than $75 - $80 before taxes & fees so following your advice, after entering Priceline through SavingsBarn I placed the following bids:

Bids of $60, $64, $66, $68 for USW and three rebid zones rejected

Bids of $60, $64, $66, $68 for USE and three rebid zones rejected

Bids of $70 for USE and USW rejected

Bid of $74 for USE, USW and one rebid zone rejected

Bid of $76 for USE, USW and second rebid zone accepted

Your Price Was Accepted

Congratulations, you got your price of $76 for a 4-star hotel room.

Omni San Francisco Hotel

Union Square East - Embarcadero

500 California Street

San Francisco, California 94104

415 677-9494

Check-In Date:

Fri, Jul 20, 2007 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Sat, Jul 21, 2007 / 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $76.00

Subtotal: $76.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $18.34

Total Charges*: $94.34

I'll admit I'm not thrilled with the location - was hoping to stay closer to Union Square but it sounds like a nice hotel in a safe area. The best I could do through retail channels for an acceptable hotel near Union Square was $139 - so for just about 1/2 that amount I can put up with a less than perfect location for one night!

Don't let the location diminish the thrill of your first successful Priceline bid. It's not that far from Union Square, being on the border of the Financial District. Aside from Le Meridien, Omni is probably the next best hotel in USE zone in terms of quality for price paid. I'm always happy to score the Omni whenever possible.

Congratulations on your first of hopefully many Priceline hotel stays! Excellent use and understanding of the free rebid system for a newbie! And thanks also for posting your bid histroy .. it's very helpful.

Enjoy your stay!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your first priceline success! Glad to hear the board was helpful in your bidding and you landed a hotel for a great price.

Thank you for sharing your win/experience with the board and for starting your bid with the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]