Hotwire Hotel: 3* NYC (MTS) Holiday Inn Express Madison Square Gardens

srahman24
By srahman24,
in

A hotwire search for June 30th - July 2nd (based on 4 people per room) gave me this:

3* $129/night in Midtown South - amenities: breakfast, buisness, fitness, hi-speed

From the other threads here, it seems like a match for The Holiday Inn Express.

Now, we don't mind sharing 1 king size bed (we're 4 fairly tiny girls anyways), but 2 double beds would be ideal. Is there any hope of getting a better deal?

Currently we have a booking with The Carlton on Madison Avenue for $169/night (1 king size bed).

The price is more of a priority than hotel quality (we intend to be out enjoying the city until the point of exhaustion!), but is it worth it to pay the extra $20 a person to stay at The Carlton?

The above is a match for the Holiday Inn Express so that would be our best guess.

While going with an alternate option where you mention a King bed may be fine for four of you... there is also a very good chance you could get one bed and it would be a queen... which would certainly make things much more cramped.

I think it's a very good rate considering it guarantees you comfortable arrangements for quad occupancy. It gets pretty good reviews... most either praise it, and those who don't say it's "ok", so given your simple needs i think you'll be happy there (you're also inbetween two different subway lines, so it'll be convenient for transportation as well).

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I checked again (and again) and it's nowhere to be found.

The price was perfect for us as it came to $314 with tax (and breakfast!) included, for 2 nights.

Sorry I couldn't wait 12 hours - I need to be at work soon and won't be back at my computer until late evening.

If you can help, please do!

You best bet is to try to see if this property re-appears on HOTWIRE, as otherwise i don't think you're going to be able to beat your back-up (since priceline isn't really an option based upon my previous comments above).. unless you're willing to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID.

One other option, which i'm not sure if i'd recommend is:

1) Book the Holiday Inn Express for 2adults (surprisingly this hotel doesn't allow hotel-direct bookings for more than double occupancy) for $249/nite (fully refundable rate). You can reserve a King bed which you had previoulsy stated this would be fine for you

2) Book the hotel mentioned above on HOTWIRE, which is still available (for quad occupancy), for $108/nite. Assuming it is the same hotel, you can then re-book your Holiday Inn Express reservation for the non-refundable rate of $237/nite (a bit cheaper) and this brings your average cost to $172/nite.

I don't love this idea since you're basically looking a quad occupancy (all adults) in a king bed, which (imo) can create some 'hotel issues' and is pushing things just a bit too far, but i see your back-up is the same type of reservation. As well, there is always the risk that the HOTWIRE hotel is not the HI Express, so you'd have to at least be open to the possibility of having to change hotels during your stay (or if you get something other than the HI Express thru HOTWIRE trying to book the first nite direct... which is why i recoommend first making the refundable reservation at the Holiday Inn Express)

Please use the links in this thread of you try going the above route.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for all the helpful advice!

I checked HOTWIRE one last time for the original rate - and found it!

So, we're booked for quad occupancy at the Holiday Inn Express by Madison Square Gardens for $129 a night, which is perfect for us.

The amenities listed are the same as the ones on your master post.

Thanks again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]