Priceline Hotel: 7/22 NYC, Dead Ends!

jrsst131
By jrsst131,
in

Hi!

I have never used priceline before but was referd to your site by a friend as a good place to start. Optimally I would like to stay 4* for about $150 a night - July 21-23. Impossible? Suggestions? Prefer MTE, MTW, UMC. Did I get that right? Thanks in advance!

-Josh

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When bidding 4* in NYC you have two re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All!

Do we know of anytihng going on in NYC 7/22-7/23. I'm hitting a wall bidding as previously suggested in another post up to $175. (4*, any area okay, prefer not upper east or west)

Also, I have three in my party. From experience am I better off just buying direct from the hotel to gaurantee space?

Any suggestions for 7/22 fpr $150 - $200?

Thanks!

Given that you're three people Priceilne may be a risk (a risk only you can decide if you're willing to take or not)

However, booking direct, i don't think you're going to find anything within your budget. If you end up increasing your budget, then i think you have options other than priceline and other than booking direct.

What is the best rate you're able to find on a suitable hotel for triple occupancy?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What is the risk if there are 3 people? Isn't it the same risk for a party of 2 wanting 2 beds?

Can you not just call the hotel the morning of arrival and ask them to block a room with 2 beds?

Hotel rooms in NYC are notoriously small... some rooms only have one bed and no space for a rollaway. As well, as per fire code, many of these small(ish) rooms have a maximum occupancy of two... so the risk is greater than simply wanting two beds in the room since the third occupant may not be allowed by law.

You could call the hotel and make your preferences known, but what if the 'standard room' of the hotel won is 'maximum double occupancy' and/or if the 'standard room' only has one bed and no room for a rollaway bed.

We've also added a reply to your Hotwire Illinois thread as to how you can still view the hotel you won for that stay... please follow-up that thread so that the information can help others (as well as remember to follow-up any of your future threads... the board wouldn't work if people only asked for help and never posted their results/outcome)

Thanks.

The hotel gets mixed reviews. Club Quarters are basically "member" hotels where business often put up out of town visitors and they sell excess rooms to various travel agencies (notice there is no way to book directly on their website)

If you do go with the above please use our Expedia link to begin your purchase.

Let us know what you ultimately decide to do.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]