Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (UM-CPS) Le Parker Meridien

Northshorecowboy
By Northshorecowboy,
in

Initially tried for Saturday night, 6/9/07, but various bidding strategies for 4* and 3* rooms in MTE or UM/CPS did not yield a room under $150, nor a 4* in MTW for $140 or less. I saw postings that others had scored rooms in this range just the day before, but they must have dried up by the time I started bidding. I was bidding on short notice -- just 2-3 days in advance.

Waited a day and changed my stay date to Friday, 6/8/07. Chose UM/CPS, the preferred location, and bid $140 for a 4*. BINGO. Received a room at Le Parker Meridian the first try. For what it's worth, I did use savingsbarn.com for accessing Priceline.

NOTES: Fridays seem to be more available than Saturdays. Guess that makes sense. Chose UM/CPS for several reasons -- First, it is a prime spot for the museums and Central Park. Second, it is less "touristy" than Times Square and the restaurants are better. Third, this is a very small zone compared to the others, and there are only a handful of hotels in the zone, all of them 3* and 4* hotels. This makes it easier to know where you'll end up and what will be around you. For me, I wanted to be very close to MoMA and Central Park. Le Parker Meridian was perfect.

The Hotel: Le Parker Meridian is a nice place. Especially loved the rooftop pool and sundeck with views of the entire city from 44 floors up! Did not eat at the hotel restaurants so no comment on them. Tried to upgrade our room to one with a Park view, but they wanted $$ to do it. The room we landed was much like someone else described as a "Priceline" room there. Near the elevator, decent space, a view that is nothing spectacular. Room was clean and 4* like with comfy king bed and 40" TV, but the bathroom was just okay. Sink drained slowly, but shower was very good spray/pressure. Overall, I'd go again in a heartbeat.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]