FL Ft Lauderdale Sheraton Yankee Clipper

Randi66
By Randi66,
in

3/3/04-3/7/04

Paid 68 per night on HOTWIRE.

This was a great hotel for the price. Not sure how much I would have liked it had I paid 249$ as someone I had met there did.

I called starwood 2 months ahead requesting a kingsize bed and informing them that it was our honeymoon( we actually got married last June, but never took a honeymoon until now)

We arrived around 2pm. The room wasnt ready. The manager took us upstairs to view two different rooms. He upgraded us to a full ocean view room. Room was nice, albiet a tad old, and we were in the new building. The pools are small, but clean. I requested a fridge for my medication and it was brought up immediatly. The manager even let us change into our swim suites in the room before it was ready for us to check into.

The workout room was terrible. I commented on that to the manager and they gave us a 25$ credit so we could go work out at a gym a few blocks away. Parking is 7 per day, Valet is 10. The valet parking was well worth it as the parking lot is across the street and you need to cross busy US1.

Id definately stay again.

Happy Travelling, Randi
  • 6 years later...

Stayed August 29, 2010.

We won Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach via Priceline bidding for $55. No mention of PL during check-in.

We were given a room on the 6th floor at the South Tower. I think this is newer compared to the other tower. The room is really nice. I requested for 2 double beds beforehand and they accommodated my request.

The room has a nice view of the beach. It has a contemporary look. Everything is new including an lcd tv. It has coffee maker.

The hotel lobby is very nice. They have a small coffee shop where you can purchase hot/cold beverages as well as some danish/pastries for breakfast.

There is free internet. There were 4 computers there if you don't have your laptop with you. Be prepared to wait though if it gets busy. They allow 45 minutes for each session.

Location is nice if you like the beach area. Beach is outside the hotel. A few minutes walk to get to Las Olas Blvd.

No free breakfast and no free shuttle though. The taxi from this hotel to Port Everglades cruise ship costed us $8.10. (Taxi from port to FLL airport costed us $16.50).

I would love to get this hotel again. We really enjoyed our stay there.

• 1 year later...

I spent 5 days at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper now known as the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach resort. It is located right on the beach south of the municipal beach. The hotel is 55 years old and it has been upgraded over the years. According to Trip Adviser reports there have been bed bugs and problems in the main building. We requested either the Beach building or the South building and got the South Building Rm 348. It was a large room with 2 queen beds, a dresser, large flat screen TV , work table and chair as well as a small round table and chair.

Parking was $20 self park and more for valet parking. There is a small internet area with 4 computers with complimentary internet useage and a printer for printing out tickets.

There's a Starbucks counter which was busy in the morning. In addition there's a bar with windows facing out into the pool. A Mexican restaurant was well patronized while we were there. Wifi is available at a charge but if you sign up for Starwood membership you get it for free as well as free bottled water.

Stores and restaurants were 2 blocks north and the marina where the Jungle Queen boat tour leaves.

There are 2 pools, one at the center of the hotel and another down overlooking the beach. Beach chairs are free. Umbrellas and gazebos are an additional charge. There's a bar with food service so you do not have to leave the pool-beach area.

In all I found this to be a good hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]