Priceline Hotel: 4* Bidding Help Needed - Boston 8/1/07

cpsandiego
By cpsandiego,
in

Does anyone know if there is something special going on in Boston on 8/1/07? I have been bidding for a couple of days now and am having no luck, despite seeing a ton of other peoples 4* bids getting accepted at far lower prices in each zone (with different dates obviously).

In short, so far I have bid up to the following for 4* hotels in Boston for 8/1/07, checking out 8/2/07:

Downtown-Charleston - $131

Copley - $141

Waterfront - $116

Ultimately, we are only in town for a short time and will be spending most of it at Fenway Park. Any suggestions as to bidding strategy, prices, zones, etc?

Thx!

Hi, I was in the same boat as you, coming up for a Red Sox game on 7/1, and got the Marriott Copley for $85.

I think it's possible the hotels haven't released their rooms for August yet. What I would do is make a fully cancellable without penalty reservation at a hotel now. Then you have some peace of mind and you can keep checking to see if anything opens up as your date approaches.

I do see a 5,000 person convention in town for this nite but that is small/moderate by Boston standards.

I would follow the advise above (use our BetterChecker to help find a suitable back-up) while you continue to try the opaque providers. At this point i wouldn't bid every day as you'll likely only get frustrated... once or twice a week should be sufficient.

Keep us updated and feel free to ask any additional questions as your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]