Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Orlando (SeaWorld-I Drive South) La Quinta

Charlene
By Charlene,
in

we've booked with hotwire before and was very happy with the experience. . .however this time I'm nervous.

going to Orlando on July 7-15

looking at hotwire

2.5 Disney west

includes "some" type of breakfast

Pool

$62.00 per night

any ideas? would west Disney be more in the Davenport area?

can you clarify your check out date? morning of 7/15 or morning of 7/16

I just wanted to mention this. Since the Radisson Worldgate is showing for $59 for your dates, I am 99.9% certain you could bid on priceline for this and win at the $45 price. You could get a different 3* than the Radisson (Sheraton Safari, Best Western) but the price would still be $45 (or less). This would save you $17 per night over your original 2.5* Disney west which could go towards/cover breakfast.

When I just did a new search on HOTWIRE, the Residence seems to be gone and a different 3* is showing that is why I wanted you clarify your dates.

I don't know when you plan to purchase but as of now these seem like you options (imo)

1. the 3* in the Sea World - I drive south zone that shows: suite, breakfast, fitness, pool, laundry and internet. This is not an exact match to the Residence Inn (missing Tennis) and is also close to the Homewood Suites that has been reported. It could be either one or a new property but at $49 it meets your goal of breakfast and pool.

2. the 2.5* in the Dinsey Main Gate-Champions Gate for $46 that appears to be the Seralogo Hotel. Location is closer but no free breakfast but the savings from the 2.5 Disney west at $62 could cover that as I think they have a kids east free program with a paying adult.

3. bid for the 3* on priceline in the WDW zone as mentioned earlier.

please make sure you support the board by using the link for HOTWIRE or going to savingsbarn.com for priceline.

Just like HOTWIRE, priceline divides the region (Orlando) into zones (Airport, Disney, etc)

If you decide you want to try priceline let us know the zone(s) you're willing to accept, your maximum bid, and your minimum star rating and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Priceline only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel. See the related occupancy links in our PRICELINE FAQ for a further discussion. In Orlando (a family oriented area) there are likely more room with two beds (and a larger number of rollaway beds) than in major metropolitan cities, but it's still a risk you need to be aware of any decide if you wish to accept.

Furthermore, you can't guarantee that the hotel will have a pool. Most Florida hotels will likely have one, but it's not guaranteed, exspecially at the lower star levels that you're willing to accept.

If a pool is a must, and you want to alleviate the double/triple occupancy issue, HOTWIRE may be a better option as HOTWIRE allows you to for up to quad occupancy and will also let you know beforehand (by the amenity icons) if the hotel has a pool or not.

Let us know how you want to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]