Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Francisco (SFO South - Burlingame) Hyatt

chasman
By chasman,
in

I knew I would get this hotel thanks to y'all! ;-)

City Area: SFO Intl Airport South - Burlingame

Hotel Quality: 4-star Upscale

Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport

1333 Bayshore Highway

Burlingame, CA 94010

(650) 347-1234

Check-in Date: Sat, Mar 13, 2004

Check-out Date: Sun, Mar 14, 2004

Number Of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

***** Billing Details *****

Hotel

Price per night: $48.00

Hotel Subtotal: $48.00

Total Taxes and Booking Fees: $13.95

Total: $61.95

Hi Chasman!

You're going to love the place. I'm here right now... Actually ended up extending my stay.

Bad news though: You waaaaaaaaay overbid! I got it for $31 for same date, and lots of people are getting it for $28 now (as seen on TOBB). Still a good deal though...

I'll be down by the pool!

DeltaPurser

Technically not an over-bid since it was purchased using Hotwire and there is no bidding involved.

Some may just want to target a specific property OR avoid a specific property in the zone... and only Hotwire let's them do this. Others just don't want to use Priceline since there's more uncertainty involved or don't like the idea of 'bidding'. Either way, both service will almost always get you a better deal than conventional booking methods.

It's true that Hotwire is usually a little more expensive than Pricelne, but there are instances when Priceline just won't work and Hotwire provides an excellent alternative.

It's usually about the best price/value.... but not everyone's situation is the same. :)

Are the amenities for this property still:

Shuttle, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I agree with Thereuare's opinion of Priceline vs Hotwire. I use Priceline the majority of the time compared to Hotwire, but I'm finding that I'm often willing to pay the extra to "target" a specific hotel on Hotwire, especially if it's one I really want to stay at.

Now that the SFO Airport Hyatt is "on a run" of $28 on Priceline, this is a good time for adventureous travelers to utilize Hotwire's "double the difference" program if you happen to be looking for two rooms for the same night.

Example:

First, purchase one room from Hotwire for $48. Then bid for the second room on Priceline for $28. Until one of the other chains lowers their Priceline rate, I'd bet my bottom dollar you'll get the Hyatt, subject to their availability. If successfull, apply for Hotwire's "double the difference" guarantee against your Priceline purchase. That will bring the cost of your Hotwire room down from $48 to $8.

Sick? Yes.....but all part of the "fun" !!

Oops... Had I looked to see that this post was actually listed under HOTWIRE rather than PRICELINE I would have kept my clam shut... Sorry about that. My only question now is: How come I'm not getting scolded??????? Will my membership be revoked now? Am I banned from posting from now on? Just wondering...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]