Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Hilton Times Square

Eric T.
By Eric T.,
in

Hello:

I'm new to the site, but I hope I'm doing this correctly...

I'm looking for a hotel close to the theater/times square district preferrably 4* but 3* ok. 2-night stay June 15 check-in June 17 check-out. We have tickets to Broadway Theater for 6/16 8pm. Willing to pay >$150 but hopefully <$200.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Also willing to stay outside of the area and use public transit if convenient and close enough.

Thanks for the info regarding hotels near TImes Square.

We are willing to pay more for the 4*, but if we are going to stay outside of Times Square, then we are really try to limit ourselves to $200/night if possible for hotel. Also, we are not looking to sacrifice quality in order to get the least expensive 3*. Willing to pay more for a high quality 3* or lower-end 4* if it means a more enjoyable stay in NYC.

Thanks in advance for all your help

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160.

The above may be too low for success, but i would test the waters first with this to see i fyou can get any lowball offers accepted. If rejected, we'll update to try again in 24 hours.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok. I have read and re-read the section explaining re-bid zones, but I still do not completely understand the concept. Sorry.

I bidded as stated by thereuare but I have the feeling that I did the re-bids incorrectly, because all of my bids were rejected upon submission. I realized the original may have been too low, so I bidded as follows...

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170.

How can I fix, or What do I do next?

Ok, so in regards to rebidding....

I Selected 4*, MTE, $140...rejected

Added rebid zone MTS, $145...rejected

Added rebid zone DT, $150...rejected, closed browser...opened new browser page

Selected 4* MTW, $140....rejected

Added rebid zon MTS, $145...rejected

Added rebid zone DT, $150...rejected, closed browser...opened new browser page

And I followed the same sequence for the subsequent bids as outline in the previous posts.

Any help, pointers, or constructive criticism?

MTE, MTW, & UM/CPS are the areas in which we are looking to stay.(anywhere relatively close to the theater/times square districs).

I now understand that my problem is that I have not fully grasped the re-bidding zone concept nor do I know what my rebid zones should be. Any help on identifying these zones and the proper to bid would greatly be appreciated.

Once again, just simply looking for 4* or high quality reputable 3* hbtel. 6/15-6/17. $150 < X > $200 / night

Thanks again

I now understand that my problem is that I have not fully grasped the re-bidding zone concept nor do I know what my rebid zones should be
List each NYC zone and the highest star rating available within each zone, using the following technique...

From Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time. (NOTE: for most users Priceline has updated their interface making the above process easier... simply check a zone and note the highest star rating available within each zone, UNcheck that zone and checkmark the next zone, repeating the process)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

4*; $150/night; Hilton Times Square; 6/15-6/17.

First (1st) try bid accepted 6/08/07 @ 11:15am. MTW, 4*, $150.....bid accepted.

Thank you guys for all of your help, advice, and tips...and for being patient with me. Hope my bid helps someone else.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]