Hotwire Hotel: 3* New Orleans (Downtown) Radisson

Mattie445
By Mattie445,
in

:) I just used Hotwire for the first time and got the Radisson Hotel at 1500 Canal for $58/per night. I was scared to try - but glad I did. I know the area and just crossed my fingers with it being 3 stars that it would be an acceptable hotel.

Very pleased!!!!!! Still going WOW! Even on the jazz fest site it was $169.

:) :o :)

Mattie

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your winnng bid. I'm sure board member swag will be quite pleased to see another JazzFest fan (he has a site HERE).

It would be appreciated if you could also supply the amenities that Hotwire showed for this hotel before purchase as this information will be help others identify it before actually purchasing it. If you didn't write it down, you can still access this information by clicking the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right corner of Hotwire's home page.

As well, which sub-zone of New Orleans is this in? (Downtown, French Quarter, Garden District, etc)

THANKS for sharing and enjoy the festival.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As requested - the location of the Radisson is listed as:

Downtown New Orleans - 1500 Canal Street

This hotel features the following amenities:

Restaurant(s)

Pool(s)

Fitness Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

I'm originally from the Baton Rouge area and born in New Orleans. . . . I haven't been to Jazz Fest in over 20 years! I am sooooooooooo excited!!!!!!

Mattie

Good deal. Post back here after your stay, I'm curious what you think. I've read lots of comments about the Radisson, but most are about stays several years back.

Note that the Canal Street streetcar is supposed to start running by mid-April, and will go right past the front door of your hotel. So if you're too tired to walk down to the river area, you'll have another option.

Hi Swag! I checked out your Jazz Fest site and it is great!!!! You know, the good thing about New Orleans (for most people) is that your hotel is not quite as important as long as the bed and bathroom is clean. You only need room for the "3 or 4" S's . . . S, S, and S . . ;-) I sure don't plan on spending a whole lot of time in the room as New Orleans the city I miss the most. My boyfriend is traveling with me has only been once and then on his own. Nothing is better than hitting Central Grocery, wandering Bourbon Street, Tujaques, drinking a Bloody Mary on the river levy and that sweet, sweet smell of Beignets as you overlook Jackson Square and the Cathedral. And, then there is jazz fest . . . . LOL

We are trying to make this as economical as possible and I just check hotwire for car rental. I can't decide which would be best. Can you go in and out of the fair ground on a day pass? If so, we might have a cooler in the car and just make periodic visits that way - but then again . . . . the parking - YIKES! Any suggestions?

Would love to hear back from you!

Mattie

As a rule, staying downtown, rental cars for Fest are not economical. Call the Radisson to check, but downtown hotels typically charge $20-30/day for parking. Add $20 for onsite parking at Fest or $10-20 offsite, plus the cost of the rental, wll, it adds up pretty fast. If you drink enough beers to make that pay (beers at Fest sell for $3), then you may not be in shape for the drive back.

There's no re-entry at Fest. So if you park off-site, you can't get back to your car. But if you park on the grounds, they collect your tickets when you enter the lot, so you can return to your car and then go back into the Fest. That parking is $20 and fills fast; plan to be in line by 10 a.m. weekdays, earlier on weekends.

If you don't rent a car, taxis to Fest are $4/person each way, or the meter rate (about $10 from the Radisson) plus tip. There's a city bus that you can get at Canal & Basin for $1.25 that goes to Fest. Or if the streetcar really is running, including the Carrollton branch, you can ride that to Fest for (I think) $1.50.

If you do decide to rent a car anyway, check downtown rates. There's a Budget across the street from your hotel (location code MY3). By not renting at the airport, you may save as much as 40% off the airport rates, which could more than make up for the cab/shuttle ride to get from the airport. And you can usually still return at the airport when you leave, no extra fees.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]