Priceline Hotel: 3* St Catharines-Niagara (Niagara Falls) Brock Plaza

p1fcl01
By p1fcl01,
in

Hi,

I tried 4* all the way to $95 but rejected. Now I am thinking all over that I will only be there for 1 night, then any hotel close to the falls are OK but I still like to be on the Canada side. So with that said, I am now search from 2.5 and 3* hotels under the Niagara Falls, ON(Niagara Falls) Zone for 1 night 6/28 - 6/29. I would probably say that for a 2.5* I would go up to $65 and 3* for around $80.

Please help with a strategy.

Thanks

Frankie

Rates are not that high for your date, so i do think you're very close for a 4*, but if you don't want to bid any higher there are two re-bid zones available at the 3* level.

Select 3* Niagara Falls...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Niagara Falls and re-bid zone2...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60.

Good Luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can you suggest, I am basically looking for a decent hotel that is close to the falls attraction. Kids 7 and 3 probably don't want to walk too much. So, its really not the STAR level, but the decency of the hotel and location, that's why I went for a 4* to start with. If I can get a decent 2.5* hotel thats close to the falls, then that would be fine. And also, I know I am always taking a chance when using PL.

I did see Hotwire 4 person 2.5* Niagara Falls, ON - $59 + taxes and fees Total to $76

Amenities: Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Fitness, Golf, Tennis, Laundry

Is this the Days Inn and Suites by the Falls?

I heard only the new side is worth staying and the old side is really bad.

Please give me some options?

My trip to Toronto Markham is booked and set just waiting on this last leg.....

Thanks

Frankie

What do you think of all the 2.5* properties in the Priceline Hotel List (in addition to the risk of getting a 2.5* property not yet reported)

Re-read your comments above regarding the Days Inn... when you buy an opaque hotel you can't pick the 'good' hotels within the star rating from the 'less prefered' properties, which is why it's generally recommended to stick with the higher star rated properties.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What is your limit for a 2.5* property?

Check the hotel rate for both 2.5* and it's around $100, but there are no more 2 double beds which I like to prefer, with no being available , that means I don't even get a chance to get 2 double bed.

Let stick with 3* and try higher for the 3* maybe $90.

Thanks

Frankie

Won bid $70 + Taxes and Fees total to $87.75, but the hotel rate is only $84.50 and that's for a double bed. I guess I lost out on this one, oh well you win some and you lose some.

I wonder if I can call PL and complaint about there rate is more that the hotel advertise price? I'll try.

Thanks all for your help,

Frankie

Called PL they are refunding me around $13 so now they beat the hotel price by a few $$, which is fine with me. I also called the Brock hotel and told them the situation, they were great and confirmed me on a two double bed for the night. They couldn't do the discount price for their new water park, now if I want to take the kids there, it'll be $45 p.p. Oh well, at least I think I got what I want. A nice hotel for the night.

Thank you all for your help....

I give you some latest feedback when I return on these two hotel stay, Holiday Inn Markham and Brock Plaza Hotel Niagara Falls Canada.

Frankie

Yes, still 3* rated by PL. Bid through Savingsbarn.com.....

Yeah, first bid $70 since my last cycle bid was $75. The hotel actually lower there rate just before I bid since I did check their prior to my bidding. I guess is just my luck. PL is refunding me a few $$, so no complaint, its just for one night anyway.

Thanks again,

Frankie

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]