Hotwire Hotel: Help with Downtown Miami

oregonn8v
By oregonn8v,
in

Hello to all:

I am new to this board and hope I can get some advice and gain some insite from all of you.

My wife, our three children, my mother and father-in-law and I are all travelling to Miami in March 2008. We are on a cruise schedule to depart on Sat., March 22. We are flying into Miami on Thu., March 20 and will need 2 rooms for 2 nights. In addition, we will be disembarking on Sat., March 29, but staying an additional night and flying out on the 30th...so we need 2 rooms for one night on March 29.

We like staying downtown since the food offerings (though not exquisit), are varied enough that I can satisfy the most discerning palats of a 10, 8, & 4 year-old.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn-Bayside in the past and it was fine...we would be happy to stay there again. On their site they are $157/nt on a non-refundable, advanced payment per room.

What possibilities to do better on hotel and/or price. I am aware that this is a Spring Break week, but I hope we can get something that works out better.

Any advice or encouragement is appreciated.

Eric

Hello oregonn8v and welcome to Betterbidding!

Priceline is not an option in your case since they only guarantee a room for 2 adults. Your party is 7 people and you want 2 rooms, so that leaves you with HOTWIRE

First of all, if you feel stressed over spring break week so book a cancellable hotel to start with. Good sites are boards EasyClickTravel or GTA hotels, found at support page.

I looked at HOTWIRE for your dates (3/20-22) and found a 4* hotel for $123/night. I *belive* this is the Hyatt Regency. I can't tell if it's better then the Holiday Inn. But it's pretty close to the port. If you decide to go for the Hyatt or any other Hotel so please use this HOTWIRE link.

HOTWIRE is all about excess inventory so you never know about inventory this far in advance. But Miami will be more crowded due to spring break and many with you are going on a cruise.

If you have any further questions so feel free to ask.

Henrik.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]