Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami (Downtown) InterContinental

evolutiondob
By evolutiondob,
in

I'm new to bidding on Priceline and needed some help with strategy. I need a hotel for November 16-18 (pre-cruise) and I would like to stay in Coconut Grove at the Sonesta. I know there is no guarantee I would get that hotel so I am open to any other hotels in that area. I've used several of the strategies suggested on this board and have not had a bid accepted. I tried using 3* areas in rebids and also increased my price up to $125. I really would prefer to stay at $150 or under but I'm not sure if I'm being unreasonable with the price or if my strategy is off. Is it realistic to get a 4* in that area for $150 a night? If so, how can I improve my chances?

Thank you.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I do think that you'll be successful if you go up to $150/nite... not sure if it will be at the Sonesta or not :) and there is no way to target this particular property.

I'm assuming there is a reason you want to stay in this area as it is not a commonly bid for a pre-cruise stay.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I wanted to stay in Coconut Grove since we will be in Miami for almost two days before we leave for the cruise. I've heard it from the locals that this is a nice area with plenty to do. I also understand that the hotels closer to the port is near Bayside, so that would be my second choice if I cannot get a decent rate.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]