Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA-River North) Millennium Knickerbocker

slyspif
By slyspif,
in

Watch out! Not a great win in Chicago. I may have gone too early! Hotels are just starting to mark down rooms for the "after the fourth of July" period. What looked to be the Westin Michigan Ave popped up on Hotwire for $109, so I tried to do better on Priceline.

Starting on Savingsbarn.com, I bid $70 for the NMA River North zone, then added Midway at $80, then added Millennium, Loop, Grant Park at $90 and "won". Priceline offered to add days, which I needed because I was splitting my bid, but I was rejected!! and offered the last night, 7/6/07, for $135. I declined and went back in and paid $120.

slyspif

Well, the MK may not be the most desirable of 4*'s in the NMA area, but to look on the bright side, it is at least in a really nice location, so if you're not going to be spending a ton of time in the room it may not be too bad. Additionally, while I'm not a fan of the hotel, I didn't think it was as bad as the worst reviews make it out to be.

Another bright note is that you won't have to change hotels during your stay :)

Although for some stays price is most important, HOTWIRE (although often a little more expensive) can still be a viable option if there is a hotel you're trying to target (or avoid).

Thanks for sharing your win and for using the SavingsBarn.com links to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay(s).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]