Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Hilton Chicago

mecdatlanta
By mecdatlanta,
in

Greetings!

I have been trying to find a hotel in Chicago for 05/23 to 05/30. About 50% of the time I see this 4* hotel show up for $119/night. When I go to reserve, I get a "this hotel is no longer available" message. I have been doing this for the past four days. I must have tried at least 2-3 times each day.

Well, today we get a call from Visa saying that there are a bunch of authorizations outstanding on our card. Although nothing was charged apparently these authorizations use up our credit limit and don't go away for several days.

The reason for this post is two-fold: 1) To warn anyone who might try the same thing, and 2) To ask if anyone else might have any suggestions. We are looking for a hotel under $125/night within the city (or at least within 15-20 minutes with public transportation).

Thanks in advance.

Don

Weird that they would authorize the card if it wasn't available.

In terms of a hotel under $125 near the city, the issue is that once you leave the downtown area, there are few hotel choices until you get about 30-40 minutes out, as areas like Evanston, O'Hare, Northbrook and others are nice suburban areas with a wider hotel selection.

I'm seeing a 4* on HOTWIRE in the North Michigan Ave/Water Tower/Gold Coast area for $123 w/fitness/restaurant/hi-speed/business as amenities and a $123 price tag. It looks like possibly the Westin, Drake or Ambassador East. Is this the hotel you were trying to get before from hw?

If you don't use HOTWIRE, I think Priceline may be able to get you a hotel in your price range, based on the rates I'm seeing.

Hi Aaron,

Yes, that is exactly the hotel I was bidding on. They raised the price to $123. I tried it again, thinking that they maybe fixed the problem. Same thing happened... It came back as being no longer available.

Thanks for your advice on using Priceline. I will use the link on this web site and will provide feedback when I finally get something.

Best,

Don

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. <i've merged your two threads>

The above is a match for the Hilton Chicago so that would be our best guess.

Please remember to use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Greetings,

First of all, I want to thank thereuare for helping me on the Hotwire side. I just tried (not at all expecting to win) placing a bid on priceline for my projected stay (05/23/2007 - 05/30/2007) and much to my amazement, I won! It turned out to be the Hilton Chicago. At $89/night, I feel it was a steel.

I hope this information is helpful to someone else.

Best,

Don :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]