Priceline Hotel: 3* Toronto (Markham) Holiday Inn

p1fcl01
By p1fcl01,
in

Hi,

Need bid advise for Holiday inn 3* from 6/23 - 6/29 6 nights. Traveling with 2 adults and 2 boys 7 and 3 so hopefully we get a double or maybe a King, anything less will be tight. I'be been to this Holiday and think that they either have King or double only, no queen only rooms, at least that what I remember, but that was a few years ago prior to their renovation.

I can also consider Courtyard and Residence inn, but again the double bed is needed and the indoor pool is important since thats the only thing my kids might enjoy being up there. I think all 3 of these hotels have indoor pools.

Please advise. Thanks

Frankie

You can not bid on a specific hotel... are you willing to accept any 3* (or 2.5* if that's the minimum you select) or higher hotel in the zone?

Since you want quad occupancy, and you need a pool, have you considered HOTWIRE which will also allow you to search for up to quad occupancy (vs. Priceline's maximum double occupancy)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I checked Hotwire and they didn't show any Markham hotels at all. Does this mean they are not selling and Markham hotels? I check with PL and the hotel recommended list had Mariott, Holiday Inn, Hilton, etc... I've only seen Mariott Courtyard and Residence Inn as 2.5* won and Holiday Inn as 3* won and all had indoor pools. What should I do next? Oh, BTW the plan changed a little bit. The dates below:

6/23 - 6/28 Markham, Toronto Canada

6/29 - Niagra Fall one night then back home to NY.

Thanks

Frankie

Hotwire - $79 for 2 adults and $99 for 2 adults and 2 children. That's really like regular price. Holiday Inn at Markham "Best Web Rate" is $104. I think I can get this from PL for around $40 - $55 but might not have 2 double, but as long as I get a King, I'm happy, small children, 7 and 3. I'm going to try PL starting around $25.

Thanks for all your advice.

Frankie

I would try as follows:

You have two re-bid zones when bidding 3* in the Toronto. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Markham...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $38, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Markham and re-bid zone2...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $43.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Did the exact,

Select 3* Markham...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $38, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $43.

All rejected.

Frankie

In 24 hours you can retry as follows:

Select 3* Markham...

Bid $45, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck!

My experience is that since the Canadian dollar is much stronger than a couple of years ago that the bids for low amounts are rarely accepted by the 3* and better hotels. I have not been able to get anything for a steal anymore. Just my thoughts.

I'm now considering the two 2.5* Courtyard and Residence Inn within my bidding along with the 3* Holdiay Inn in Markham. Would it give me more flexibility for a better bidding strategy? Has anyone stay in these 2 hotels, it sound and looks very nice, both with pools and Residence actually even have a kitchen....

Thanks

Frankie

In regards to the stronger Canadian dollar, i don't think this is much of an issue unless you are Canadian and the canadian dollar is your currency... as no matter how you purchase (ie- even direct purchases) you'll need to convert your home currency to a strong Canadian dollar.

It won't necessarily give you more flexibility in bidding... you won't be able to bid for a 2.5* and then, if rejected, for a 3* in the same bidding cycle (you'll need to wait 24 hours between these bids if you'd like to try for a 2.5* first)

However, you can bid for a 3* and then for a 2.5* in the same bidding cycle.

Do you want to try for a 3* first (as per above) and then try for a 2.5* if the above is rejected?

You still have two re-bid zones available when bidding 2.5* in Toronto. Based upon your $40 maximum above:

Select 2.5* Markham...

Bid $33, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $36, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Markham and re-bid zone2...

Bid $38, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $40.

Good Luck.

No good :)

Select 2.5* Markham...

Bid $33, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $36, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Markham and re-bid zone2...

Bid $38, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $40

Someone had 4/29 for $38+tax one night, Residence Inn.

Rejected.

Frankie

What's my next strategy? I can stay with 2.5* to keep the price down since I heard this 2 hotel is actually better than the 3* Holiday Inn. Please help with next strategy. I am willing to up the $$. I also check and it seems the rate is $107cad from 6/23 - 6/25 and 6/26 - 6/28 is $169cad.

Thanks

Frankie

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]