Hotwire Hotel: 3* Chicago (Oak Brook-Downers Grove) Holiday Inn Oakbrook

tracyha
By tracyha,
in

Hi all. Have to go to Chicago next week last minute to stay overnight May 7. Might also need May 8 but just worried about May 7 at the moment. Best I have seen is Radisson at $180. Any bidding suggestions? Help? I don't usually have to stay in cities mid week and realize I am dealing with business traffic. I am willing to go to $150 but would prefer $100-125 range. Really, really want to stay in NMA area but am somewhat flex if deal is right.

What is your minimum star level? Although i will add that a preliminary look appears that rates are very high and i don't see anything in your price range.

If you do go with the Radisson please use this previous link (or any of the other links in our support page to begin your purchase)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since prices seem so high at the moment I'm rethinking this a little bit. Can anyone recommend a hotel maybe outside the city (prefer south versus O'hare area) that still might be easy to go back and forth from? I see that some are listed around Midway but not super familiar with area. (However I book I will definitely go through the links!) Looks like I will be there nights of both May 7 and 8 and would prefer at least 3 star level.

<<Since prices seem so high at the moment I'm rethinking this a little bit. Can anyone recommend a hotel maybe outside the city (prefer south versus O'hare area) that still might be easy to go back and forth from? I see that some are listed around Midway but not super familiar with area. (However I book I will definitely go through the links!) Looks like I will be there nights of both May 7 and 8 and would prefer at least 3 star level.>>

The Midway area isn't the greatest area (not terrible, but if you're not familiar with the area, I wouldn't browse around too much, not that there's really anything to see nearby), but if you're just going back-and-forth between your hotel and downtown it should be fine. The O'Hare area is nicer and has a wider variety of hotels. The Oak Brook area to the South of O'Hare is another area with a great deal of hotel options.

What's your max? You may be able to bid (I'm guessing it'll take around $150 or more for a 4*) and snag something via Priceline.

You are all the best! I assumed the 3 star in Oakbrook for $65 was through Hotwire so I checked there and found one listed at $52 for night of May 7. Booked through HOTWIRE link on this site which turned out to be Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook for a total with taxes and fees of $62.46. For second night I have made reservation at Comfort Inn and Suites Downtown for a AAA rate of $151. Seems to include breakfast. Not sure if I will keep but would prefer to be downtown that night and gives me something until I decide. Cheers! :)

Glad to hear you found something for at least part of your stay and that the board was helpful.

Can you please add the amenities associated with the Holiday Inn... you can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page. The address of this property is 17 West 350 22nd Street, corrct?

Thanks for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Feel free to start a NEW TOPIC for the remaining nite of your trip.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Glad you were able to get a good deal. You're not far from the Oakbrook Center Mall, if you wanted to head over there to browse around at the end of the day. Plus, Oak Brook is definitely a nicer area than Midway.

Cheapest rate on the Holiday Inn website for 5/7 is $132, so definitely a good deal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]