NC Charlotte Crowne Plaza Downtown

cunparis
By cunparis,
in

I won this hotel on a $70 bid with priceline. I immediately came here and then was a bit afraid of what I was going to get. I was pleasantly surprised. Many reviews here are from the best western period or the renovation period. The hotel is much better now. The hotel is very pretty and I have very few complaints.

The first is the parking is no longer included, and it's $15/day. A bit steep in my opinion but it's always like that with downtown hotels. Speaking of downtown, if you really don't need to be close to downtown then I would skip it for a comfort inn or something similar outside of downtown. The location isn't in the middle of downtown, it's on the southern edge and there isn't much within a short walking distance.

The free breakfast buffet is no longer included either. We bought yogurts and bananas for breakfast.

The room was beautiful. Internet access was free and great. The staff was extremely friendly, almost to the point of being annoying (ok I'm exaggerating). This was the most friendly staff I've ever seen. Everyone greeted us. The parking is very accessible and safe. Easy to bring our bags in from the parking. Our room was on the street level and it was quiet for us (4th floor), we didn't hear the traffic. The hotel is very close to the freeway which makes it easy to get to the hotel.

Overall we had a great stay. If I couldn't get it with priceline I wouldn't pay full price, I'd go for a comfort inn nearby. Unless you need to be close to downtown.

--

if anyone has any questions let me know.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]