Priceline Hotel: 3* Orlando (Universal-SeaWorld) Sheraton Studio City

BeachBean
By BeachBean,
in

This is my first post to your board so please forgive me if I don't post all the information you need. Thanks in advance for your help - what a great site!

8/17/07 - 8/20/07

SeaWorld - Convention Center

"This midscale establishment offers more than just the basics in style, comfort and customer service."

2 adults

$54

Retail = $88

Customer Favorite

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Laundry

High-Speed Internet Access

Any ideas? My googling of "Universal Orlando 3 star $74.25" led me to the Clarion which had mixed reviews. No idea if I'm right, though!

8/17/07 - 8/20/07

2 adults

"This midscale establishment offers more than just the basics in style, comfort and customer service."

$45

retail = $74.25

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Neither of the above have been identified.

However, the SeaWorld-Convention Center property matches the amenities associated with the Crowne Plaza Universal, although this property had previously been reported in the Universal zone. Looking at the map the propery lies right on the border of the two zones, so it is possible that the boundaries have changed recently and that is the property you're seeing in the SeaWorld zone, but no evidence to support this just yet.

Maybe board memeber runNgun, or somebody else who is familiar with this area and property, could comment further?

If you do go for either of the above please use our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase. I would also take a look at EasyClickTravel to see if there is anything there within your budget.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, thereuare & runNgun

I don't have a particular hotel in mind. I'm new to the Priceline "name your price" idea but would give it a shot. I am not familiar with Orlando and I'm looking for a room for my husband and me. We are planning on spending a day in Cocoa Beach (driving to and from in a day) and a day at TBD park. He has a conference at Gaylord Palms the following week so we just need a room to tide us over on the weekend.

We aren't hotel snobs by any means but I require clean sheets and a safe area and would prefer to spend under $60/night. Any recommendations would be fantastic. Thanks to all!

I was asking because if you bid for a 3* in the Universal zone I am fairly certain you can get it for $45 or less for your dates. I'd start at $40 and inch my way up.

The mostly likely hotels are the Wyndham and Crowne Plaza. The Clarion is only 2.5* on PL so you won't get that. If you'd like a strategy or are unsure about bidding or "rebidding" just ask.

8/17/07 - 8/20/07

BID THROUGH WWW.SAVINGSBARN.COM

3* (hoping for Crowne Plaza)

1st bid = $40 (REJECTED)

2.5* (hoping for AmeriSuites)

1st bid = $36 (REJECTED)

QUESTION: Let's say I bid $36 again next week for the 2.5*....is there a chance I might get it even though that rate was rejected the first time?

Thank you for trying your bids thru the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com

Yes, as inventory changes all the time, there is a chance that a bid rejected today can be accepted next week.

However, it doesn't appear that you're using your re-bid zones.... are you familiar with and read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

just a thought......in the six days it will take you to go from $40 to $45 for the 3* (instead of using FREE rebids) a hotel could sell out of priceline inventory and then you get "stuck" with something else.

also, I personally would stay away from bidding 2.5* in that zone as there are some hotels I wouldn't want to win (Clarion, Barcelo or whatever they are calling it this month) and I didn't see the Amerisuites showing available on hotwire.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]