Priceline Hotel: 3* Beverly Hills West Hollywood 7/25-7/28

springstein28
By springstein28,
in

I am planning to stay in July 25- July 28 in Santa Monica. I am wondering if it is too early to start bidding. What do you think? When will most contingents be released?

My last bid was 75$- rejected. I would like to spend 75$ to 85$. I know about rebidding.

Any helpful hints? And would splitting be helpful because July 28 is a Friday? Thanks. Greetings from Vienna, Austria.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What is the best rate you can find for a hotel outside of the opaque suppliers? I just ran a quick search (using the BetterChecker and the least expensive i found was ~$275... making your current maximum bid only about 1/3 of traditional rates, which i don't think is likely.

Do you have any type of back-up plan/reservation?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your replies. Yes, I have a back-up plan.

I understand that I am going to pay more than 85$ but I don't want to overbid. Do you think that my chances are better shortly before my stay?

I could also stay in Beverly Hills- West Hollywood. But maybe it is difficult to bid for a room in the High Season, regardless of where I am staying.

Thanks again, this board has been most helpful for me.

Actually, I am going to book some Motel 6 (for example Motel 6 Hollywood) for 70$ or less. I know you can't compare it to Santa Monica. This is why I want to have something better and I will keep on trying. I guess I will go up to $115 in the Santa Monica area. Maybe I'll get a 3* for around $ 100 in Beverly Hills before I reach $115 in SM.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]