Priceline Hotel: Help needed New York's CRAZY RATES (April 27/30)

pinpon
By pinpon,
in

Is there a way of knowing the exact time of your first bid in order to calculate the 24hr waiting period?. After so many bids and attemps I have no idea when can I start bidding again, and was wondering if there is a way of knowing the time from looking at the bids on the My trips section of PL.

Having JUST taken a look at the subway sitch for my gf arriving at JFK, I see that "A" line runs from the JFK Airtrain, straight into the financial district.

Here's a link. That's all the help a non-resident can provide. :)

Also, I just got Downtown/Soho 4* for $175. Granted that's for a couple of weeks from now. My thread is up. :)

The subway system runs 24/7. A single ride is $2. From downtown, you can take the A train to the Howard Beach station. Expect a long trip - an hour or so. From the Howard Beach station, you can board the Airtrain, an automated train that stops at each of JFK's terminals (takes about 15 minutes). The Airtrain costs $5 for transport between the terminals and Howard Beach Station or Jamaica Station.

Budget a lot of extra time to make it to the airport. I haven't taken that route in a while, so my estimates may be off.

Well as for a bidding strategy we can't unfortunately lower the price of the rooms on Priceline/Hotwire, if there is something going on and hotels can sell rooms for full price there's no need for them to be giving any kind of deals away. When you say your willing to try all regions, have you already? Or have you just been bidding in SOHO atm? Checking a few MTW hotels that come up on priceline show no rooms available for your dates. Since its tommarow I hope you arranged a backup hotel to stay at, or if you haven't I would strongly suggest you would as its quite possible priceline won't come through. At the 4 star level you have 2 re-bid zones keep in mind for combinations you can try:

4* MTW

4* MTW, Upper East Side

Closer Browser re-access priceline

4* MTW, Upper West Side

4* MTW,Upper West Side, Upper East Side

With this you can have 4 bids per region so you should have plenty of opportunity to make a winning bid if you want to increase the amount of money your willing to pay, but first make sure you research the available rates and see if its worth while to use priceline at this point. Also keep in mind the above is 4* only don't try it with a 3*.

FYI - the A and C train have MAJOR diversions this weekend - if you are coming in on the weekend, the A won't be for you since it is out of service in some parts of queens.

And i would take the E over the A any day.

Also, there is some availability opening up for the next few days I am seeing on hilton and ihg - so give it another try.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]