* High-speed Internet Access

Customer Favorite & Best Value.

4-star hotel in North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast

$109 per room, per night

Could you help me identify it?

Many thanks,

Santillan

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Both the Westin and the Ambassador, as well as the Drake, have been seen at the 4* level with this amenity combination, so it could be any of these (or some other hotel not yet reported or with different amenities than previously reported)

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

If the above (the unknown of the hotels mentioned) doesn't work for you what is you would like from this stay... maybe we can help you find an alternative? What is your maximum budget? (i think i see the Hilton properties available for ~$150 or so)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please help identify:

Chicago NMA/WT/GC:

Amenities: Fitness, Business, Restaurant, High Speed Internet

Best Value & Customer Favorite

15 August; $ 109,-

One customer comment refers to 'heavenly bed', which might indicate Westin (great!). However, on next page it mentions price would be 239,- normally. I checked the Westin rate and it would have been 269,-. The East Ambassador, however, would have been 239,- in their own website.

This is confusing. The heavenly bed comment indicates one thing but could be misleading too. H E L P!!

I don't want to stay at the Ambassador East -too far (going with a child). Would love the Westin though.

Thanks,

Santillan.

Thank you for your offer. I am looking at Hotwire NMA/GC property at 109 again where customer favorite comment refers to Heavenly Bed but I am scared that this might be misleading and I might end up at the Ambassador East which would be inconvenient since I am travelling with a child and want to be right smack in the middle of Mag Mile. Westin or Drake would be fab of course. I have my credit card out but I chickened out at the last second for reason above.

Thank you soooo much for help.

Date: 15 August one night and then 22 August again one night.

I just booked a HOTWIRE hotel with the same specifications...but for June...and I got the WESTIN! Again...there are no guarantees...but I got the Westin and I know someone else who also got the Westin for the same amenities in July.

Good luck! By the way...the Ambassador East isn't so far...it's a bit north....but not horrible. :)

Regrets. Now the price Hotwire quotes has gone up considerably from 109 to 179 plus for Chicago Gold Coast/N.Michigan Avenue area (15 August one night). What I wonder is the following:

Are they able to track people's interest and if one searches every day the price goes up???? Or is this shere paranoia?

One week ago the prices quoted were 109 and n ow they are quite a lot higher. Since I have plenty of time still, would it be recommendable to wait for a bit (and not even go into Hotwiere)?

The other question is: how reliable is the Reverse Easy Click Travel information on the hotgel name? I've never used them. I am tempted to now that Hotwire have simply raised their prices so much.

Any advice?

I have never used them and would l ike to know how reliable their reverse information is. I am tempted to use them this time (hotwire's prices have gone up considerably for the dates I want). Conversely, I would like to try Priceline but havae never used them at all, so may be someone can guide me through it.....?

I need:

Chicago (Mag Mile - N.Michigan or Gold Coast), 4 stars, one night: 15 August

Same again but for the night of 22 August.

Washington DC: Dupont Circle (Georgetown may be too): one night, 19 July.

Miami South Beach: 6 nights: 16 August - 22 August (double room)

H E L PPPPPPPP!

Thanks in advance,

Santillan

OK

No pain, no gain :)

IHMO

Easy Click and Reverse Easy Click are reliable if PL or Hotwire do not provide your solution.

There is a wealth of information about how to use PL on the board, you do need to look at the "General Board Infomation " section as well as the "Tips and Trickas for Priceline and Hotwire" sections.

Lastly :)

If you start a new thread for each of your trips in the appropiate forum with maximum bid, dates of travel and star rating I'm sure we can all help you find a good deal.

Look forward to helping you. :o

Just got confirmation for both nights. Westin North Michigan Avenue.

First I booked 15 August.

Amenities: Restaurant, Fitness, Restaurant & High Speed Internet.

Best Value & Customer Favourite

Price: 109,-

It came back as Westin.

5 minutes later, I booked for night of 22 August.

Same amenities, but this time it did not say Customer Favourite.

Again, Westin.

Why do Hotwire say Customer Favourite once and not both times in the space of 5 minutes for same hotel? It seems a little confusing. I thought I might get a different hotel the second time. Luckily, it was again the Westin.

I have been trying for a hotel in this area of Chicago for a couple of weeks and prices were around 170 or more. Luckily, I got it for 109 dollars.

I am delighted!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]