Priceline Hotel: looking for place near Miami Airport - advise please

oceansong
By oceansong,
in

I am going to be attending a conference at the Sofitel Hotel (4*) near the Miami Airport.

The Sofitel is offering rooms at a "special" rate for attendees for $135. This is out of my comfort range (but still cheaper than the rate I find on Orbitz, etc - which show it at about $155. )

I see on this site that you show that the Miami Airport area has 2 places listed at 4* - the Sofitel and the Hilton. Either of these would work for me for this conference (since the Hilton is nearby).

So - here are my questions (as a newbie to all this):

If I bid on a 4* - is it likely that I would get one of those 2 places? (providing that my bid is high enough)

Or are there other 4* places in that zone that I don't know about? For instance, when I look at Orbitz - they mention Hyatt Regency Coral Gables as a 4*; the PriceLine (non-bidding version) has InterContinental Airport West as a 4* (which other places list as a 3*) and the InterContinental is way too far away for my conference needs. So..... it it likely that the InterContinental would be one of the possibilities I risk if I bid on a 4* ?

And... If I do risk bidding - does anyone have any feedback on what amount I might start with? I have several days to play with the amount.

Has anyone out there done a bid in the Miami Airport zone for a 4* recently? Where did they land you?

Thanks so much to anyone taking the time to help me understand all this.

OceanSong177

Eugene, OR

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Firstly we need your dates of travel and maximum budget ($135?).

I assume you only want 4* at the airport.

The Hotel list is only for reported wins by members of this board. Read the top paragraph on the list.

It is quite likey that there are other 4* hotels in that area that have not been reported.

On PL Name your Own Price there is a map of the area covered by what PL calls the Miami Airport.

You could get any 4* hotel within that area so you must keep this in mind.

Have a look at the Maps section and look at the recent wins of the reported 4* hotels at the airport.

Not a good guide as prices vary but some kind of indication

Have a look at HOTWIRE with your dates of travel and see if you can identify any hotel from this list.

This may give you an idea of starting price, Hotwire prices tend to be slightly higher than PL

Report back with this and also prices of some of the 4* hotels at the airport for your dates and we'll see if we can help.

You may also need to brush up on how to use free re-bid zones. There are 4 in Miami if you choose 4*

Some FAQ's are here

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]