Priceline Hotel: 4* Hamburg Renaissance

Chris26WI
By Chris26WI,
in

Ooops... just wanted to play around a little bit for Hamburg.. (I want to see the upcoming Titanic exposition in Kiel in June.. but decent hotels in Kiel are rather fully booked for the june-weekends), and didn't expect to get a good deal on PL as the regular rates for Hamburg were quite high too... anyway, as being flexible in dates, just started "lowballing" with a 55$ and was immediately accepted (after a reject @75$ for 5star):

Renaissance Hamburg Hotel

Grosse Bleichen

Hamburg, Germany

49 40 349180

Offer price: US$55.00

Number of rooms: 1

Number of nights: 2

Subtotal: US$110.00

Taxes and service fees: US$26.26

Total charges: US$136.26

Marriott.com says 165,-- EUR per night for these dates!!! Quite some very decent savings :)

Used savingsbarn.com, of course.

ps.: I assume the Le Meridien Stillhorn is not anymore a 4star for central Hamburg - as it's not listed unter "central Hamburg" anymore within the 4stars for Hamburg in Priceline (regular booking).

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to see some of your lowballing efforts paid off.

It may be that the Le Meridien Stillhorn is no longer participating, but it's also possible that they have chosen not to participate in the 'non-opaque' version of priceline... the two services operate as completely different entities and work off of a different universe of hotels.

Thanks for starting your bids with the SavingsBarn.com links

Enjoy your stay and the Titanic Expo.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It may be that the Le Meridien Stillhorn is no longer participating, but it's also possible that they have chosen not to participate in the 'non-opaque' version of priceline... the two services operate as completely different entities and work off of a different universe of hotels.

Yepp.. sorry, I didn't express myself clearly enough.. - I wanted to say that the Le Meridien Stillhorn is still listed in the non-opaque-version of Priceline, but not with the location "Hamburg central", but only "Hamburg" - While all the other known opaqe-hotels for Hamburg are listed in the non-opaque-version as "Hamburg central". So I think the geographical attribution of the hotels should be coherent between the non-opaque and the opaque versions.. ?!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]