Hotwire Hotel: Need Help ID 2.5* NYC (Times Square-Theatre District)

sonata24
By sonata24,
in

Please keep all posts for the same stay in one thread (i know it's confusing when crossing state lines, but we'll just move this thread to the NJ Forum if you ultimately go that route)

As the two above hotels differ in price by nearly $100 per nite, what exactly is your budget for this stay?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry about the different threads. Still new to this.

We would love easy access to the Times Square area. So we are willing to pay more for the convenience if we get the right hotel. Want the best bang for our buck. Having said that I don't think we want to go much over $225 and that is for good quality and location. (would love to spend less)

Thanks.

If you haven't seen it already, i would recommend you read our thoughts regarding Times Square Hotels

With the above noted, the 2.5* Times Square hotel has not been identified, nor would i recommending spending so much on a low rated hotel as i think you have other options.

I don't believe the Jersey City hotel to be near the waterfront area, which is really the only place you want to stay within that zone.

The Beekman Tower has a 1BR suite for $214/nite... it has one bed in the bedroom and a pull-out sofa in the living room, if, that would work for your plans. There is no booking fee so it's equivalent to about a $207/nite hotwire rate, it's cancellable up until a few days before your stay so you can continue to try to better the deal, and the reviews are very good. It is a bit east, but as long as you intend on walking a lot in NYC i wouldn't have that be a factor for a stay in June (as i might for a stay in Jan/Feb).

Your thoughts?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Beekman Tower does look to be a good option. Thanks. I will book a room but keep looking for a deal because we do have some time still.

Would you recommend trying priceline or is that too risky in NYC. If I did try Priceline, what star level and price would you recommend starting as a starting point?

In my opinion, if you need occupancy for 3 adults in NYC it's risky to use priceline (which only guarantees double occupancy). I wouldn't do it as i try to use vacation as a time to relax and not worry about my accomodations, but there are some who do choose to take the risk; it comes down to personal preference and how well you could deal with a situation in which you could only get a room with one bed.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]