Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Copley) Colonnade Hotel

Timothy Denike
By Timothy Denike,
in

I need some help.. Should I expand my area, raise my price, or are there any other tricks? We're getting pretty close to what I could find online without bidding.. Last Thanksgiving, Copley accepted at $85. Last May, Downtown accepted at $75.

Goal - 4 star minimum, prefer Copley, Downtown backup..

Yesterday:

$65 - Copley - rejected

$70 - added Brighton (no 4*'s there) - rejected

$75 - added Medford (no 4*'s there) - rejected

$80 - added South Boston (no 4*'s there) - rejected

Done for the day - too many attempts.

Today:

$85 - Copley - rejected

$90 - added Brighton (no 4*'s there) - rejected

$95 - added Medford (no 4*'s there) - rejected

$100 - added South Boston (no 4*'s there) - rejected

Done for the day - too many attempts.

Expanded search to include Downtown & Copley 4*'s

$75 - Downtown - rejected

$80 - added Copley (we know they won't take < 100..) - rejected

$85 - added Brighton (no 4*'s there) - rejected

$90 - added Medford (no 4*'s there)

$100 - added South Boston (no 4*'s there) - rejected

Good guess. 5/25-5/29 I've looked at the Hilton and Hyatt websites in more or less the same neighborhoods, and found Internet rates of $169. Westin $209.

My upper limit is pretty flexible. I just want a centrally located luxury hotel for cheap. :-) Perhaps it's time to consider the Waterfront or Cambridge areas. I don't think I'll consider Logan Airport area.

I'm showing rates at the Hilton at over $200/nite.

The Hyatt has a refundable rate of $179, if you choose to wait you may want to book that (please use our link) as a cancellable back-up.

Based upon the Hyatt rate, it does seem like it may just be that inventory hasn't been released yet, but i also think that:

1) the alternate zones may be a bit cheaper than the two zones you're bidding

2) you're not too far off for your prefered zones... another $10-$20/nite may just be enough to succeed (which is still about $50/nite savings, but don't know just how high you're willing to bid at this point)

Let us know how you want to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Spent a couple days bidding up from $60/nite for a 4 star in Copley. (I followed the link on savingsbarn.com)

My last bid attempts exhausted at $100. Mom needs a hotel also, so I started working on her reservation first - which is one day longer. 5/24-5/29.

Bid $110 4* Copley - rejected - site offered to let me rebid $22 higher - I declined

- rebid at $120 - accepted!

Next - did another reservation hoping to get the same hotel.

Bid $115 4* Copley - accepted! (Same hotel)

5/25-5/29

A little more than I had originally wanted to spend - but I get to stay in the neighborhood I wanted, and the hotel looks nice. (Rate on the Colonnade Hotel direct is $169 - 30% savings.)

Thanks guys for the help,

Tim

Congratulations on your win.

Glad to hear that you got it settled and received the same hotel on both purchases. As mentioned above, i didn't think you were too far away from a win.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for starting your bids with the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]