Priceline Hotel: NYC May 7-10, 2007

HelenofTroy
By HelenofTroy,
in

I spent a couple months in LES, so I don't have a big problem staying in Soho. I was thinking it was cheaper. But I've no problem with MTS, MTW, MTE.

I'd like to spend under $200, preferably $150-175. My gf has a reservation at the budget Madison Hotel for $149. If I can get something 3-4* for for $25-50 more a nite, I'd rather do that.

I use PL all the time for Los Angeles and San Francisco rooms and have great luck. NYC has been a bit more difficult and a lot more $$.

I did try PL today, using the savingsbarn.com link, but no bites!

helen

Both EasyClickTravel and Quikbook only get a limited number of rooms at their contracted rates. Since the Beekman Tower is cancellable up until a few days before your stay, why not book that as a cancellable back-up... you could then cancel if the opaque suppliers come thru for you at a better deal, but at least you know the price you're trying to beat (you don't want to use that as the price to beat but not book it, then have it become unavailable while you continue to try priceline/HOTWIRE).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I took your advice and booked the Beekman through the easyclicktravel link you posted. Thanks! We ended up getting the 1 bdrm suite with sofabed for $208. From what I've researched, no one can beat the price!

Do you think it's worth dealing with priceline at this point... I went up as far as $175 for 3* MTS, MTE, MTW and soho, no bites, and I started at $150 with MTS, going up $10 in the order shown.

I need to now figure out the transport to/from JFK. I'm sure you having some hints somewhere here. Thx again.

Has anyone used: <removed>

I just typed in my travel plans as well as the price I payed at EasyClickTravel and it matched the price to $188?

Too good to be true?

EDIT by thereuare: i have removed the link in question because based upon a little research i believe it to be a scam (see my reply and their affiliation below)... we don't typically edit links in this fashion but will do so when there is something we believe to be false or misleading (you can thank us later for all the "free ringtone" offers we remove which most of you never see :)), we will include the link once again if we become comfortable or learn more to give us confidence that this company is legitimate

The domain was only recently purchased a month ago.

From a little resarch on the internet this is a company with ties to WooGo, which from what i have read has had numerous complaints against them, including illegally operating apartment rooms in NYC and renting them as hotels as well as double billing clients (to the tune of $2MM+).

While i don't have any evidence of the above, the company claims to have become the sixth largest travel website in just 2 months time, which raises a few questions: 1) if they're that big why have i never heard of them before, 2) given their domain is not even a month old, how did they start advertising their online business without a website :), 3) they put out a press release that they've reached their goal of 200K bookings in their first three months, which again, is hard to believe with a website that has been registered for less than one month.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I live locally so almost never have a need for a NYC hotel room, but the reviews are good and we've been recommending this prpoerty for well over a year now with virtually no complaints.

The restaurant is fairly well known... and i've read some just head up there for drinks as a less expensive way to experience the view :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]