Priceline Hotel: Need 4* Chicago (Loop) Hotel for 5/05-5/07

Katt24
By Katt24,
in

Hi,

This too is my first post and I'm pretty new to using priceline. I'm in need of a hotel in the Loop area of Chicago for next month April 5th- April 7th. Unfortunatly thus far I haven't had much luck in the bidding area. I've read several articles and information from several sites and thought that perhaps I knew what I was doing... We're looking to stay around the ford oriental theatre area and are riding in on the amtrak, so I think the Loop seems to be the area to stay in.... hopefully they have some nightlife and access to the I believe it's called the el train?

So anyhow I need some help bidding, and I certainly would appreciate any advice anyone has to offer...

4* hotel Chicago Loop Area

5/05/07- 5/07/07 2 nights.

1. $85 (Loop) rejected

2. $95 (Loop + (non 4* area) Midway) rejected

I'm not sure that I want to go any higher than 100 a night, or if I should go down to a 3*, this is a special occasion we are celebrating, and I really want to make it an experience to remember.

I tried to submit another offer but it said "duplicate request"... Do I need to wait 24 hrs from the time of the duplicate request??

Please I need help bidding.... I saw others were able to get 4* for about 70...Darn I was so sure about mine.

The Loop is not where you want to be if nightlife is important. While the Loop does have some shopping, restaurants and museums, it is largely a business district. When the workers head home at night, sections of the loop (especially the further South from the river you get) can get very quiet (and some areas of the West Loop can stay quiet on weekends, as well - I stayed at the W City Center over one particular weekend and walked out early on a Sunday morning only to feel as if I was the only person for blocks.) If you want nightlife, I'd advise bidding on the River North/NMA area instead. Otherwise, if you do stay in the Loop area, you will likely be cabbing a lot if you're out at night.

The "L" train/subways run through the River North and NMA area. I would strongly advise looking at the CTA website (transitchicago.com) before your trip to familiarize yourself before you get here so that you are not trying to figure it out at the last minute. Chicago is a very compact big city and it's a safe big city, but while the downtown area is safe, it's best that you know where you're going/how to get there and look as if you know where you're going. That's definitely not meant to sound mean or rude, it's just a safety tip and about making the best use of your time.

If you have questions about getting around Chicago, post them here and I'll be happy to answer.

In terms of bidding, the issue that you are going to run into is that May 6-8 sees a pair (and 1 smaller) of big conventions starting:

May 6-8

Food Marketing Institute - The FMI Show

McCormick Place North

Delegates: 35,000

www.fmi.org

May 6-8

9th Spring Fancy Food Show

My suggestion would be the Residence Inn Marriott in Deerfield, which is right by a Metra (metrarail.com) station that will take you downtown in about 35 minutes. The trains are very nice, w/two levels and bathrooms. Deerfield is an upscale burb that's very pleasant and safe. The Residence is $89 for a studio and $109 for a penthouse which, according to the Marriott website, is an impressive 1,000 SQFT. Breakfast also included.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]