Priceline Hotel: 3*, 2.5*, 2* Madison, Rejected

jessicaviolin
By jessicaviolin,
in

Hello! My recent posts of $45-$56 have been rejected for these June dates. Not quite sure why since my star requirement went pretty low (2*). This is the part of the "vacation" where we're attending a wedding and just need a clean, safe place to sleep as we'll be super busy helping the Br&Gr with everything.

Been bidding for a little less than a week with this as my general plan:

Downtown, 3*, $45

Dwtn+East, 3*, $50

Dwtn+East, 3*+2.5*, $56

Dwtn+East,3*+2.5*+2*, $45

All rejected. Again (like my Chicago posts) this is abridged- I closed browsers and changed combos for maximum bidding opportunities. But the outcome is the same. Should I start bidding higher?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks

You don't seem to be using your re-bid zones for your 3* bids... are you familiar with re-bid? (or is this part of the details you've left out)

Rates don't seem that high for your dates so i think if you stick with the above you'll eventually hit something once inventory becomes available (assuming prices remain the same). However, always a good idea to book a cancellable back-up just in case... has the wedding arranged a special rate at any of the local hotels?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, the wedding booked the group rate at the Country Inn Suites for $99 in East Madison. We're trying to beat that price because we're attending two weddings (8 days apart), both in WI, and spending the days between in Chicago. We're ok with spending $$ in Chicago, but would like to hit a 2* + for about $50 in Madison so that we have more to spend in Chicago.

I think I'm doing the rebids correctly. I'll write out exactly what steps I take next time, so hopefully you can help me improve upon them! :)

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]