Priceline Hotel: 3* Las Vegas (Strip) Sahara

PMV
By PMV,
in

I bid 2 rooms for 2 days at $44 for a 3* hotel on the strip. Price line stuck me with Sahara whose rack room rate for those days is $43. So instead of a discount for build your own price, here Priceline charged $1 premium. When i called they verified on Sahara website and said we can refund you $1 to match the rate. This is absolute cheating and breach of trust. So if i had even bid few more dollars they could stick me with some lower price hotel. I talked to the supervisor and they said they can't do anything with it. Their best offer would be to match the hotel price. I also requested that they can change it to Circus Circus whose rack room rates for those days is $49.50 but their attitude was rude and said they could do nothing about it.

Thereuare, what's my recourse?

I'll side with Priceline on this one...

Did you research rates beforehand?

Priceline chaged you $44 for the room since that is the amount you bid (and the Sahara was the hotel with the highest rate loaded into the system that was equal to or below your winning bid amount).

Assume that this was the only 3* hotel in the zone... what should priceline have done with your bid? Rejected it because it was more than retail rates (which isn't a factor when determining if a bid should be accepted or not).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I have stayed at the Sahara Hotel twice now in the past year (once on priceline), and I have to disagree with other people that call it a dump. The rooms were clean and quiet, the staff was professional and curtious, and everything on my stay was fine. Compared with Holiday Inn (my least favorite 3* chain), at least this hotel has earned its 3* rating with me.

The biggest problem with using priceline is overbidding when choosing a 3* property in Vegas. I did that my last PL bid too, but it's just water under the bridge now. But I have to say that I still felt fortunate because I paid about 50% of the lowest 4* hotel won on the board and at a location with easy access to the rest of the strip on the monorail.

My username is headtrip and I personally approved this message.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]