Priceline Hotel: 3* wanted midtown 4/28

phillycarol
By phillycarol,
in

I've tried the re-bidding strategy for a 3* in zones UM, MW, ME, MS and UES with no luck. I started at $120 and have increased in increments up to $180. Would it be better to wait to bid until closer to 4/28? I really don't want to go above $180 (and less would be better). What do you think?

Would it be better to wait to bid until closer to 4/28?
See the related "bid early or close to check-in" link in our PRICELINE FAQ
I really don't want to go above $180 (and less would be better). What do you think?
If you've already gone up to your maximum bid then i don't think there is really much you can do other than wait it out, add a nearby zone, or lower your star quality.

Do you have a back-up reservation? If so, where and how much? If not, where will you stay (or will you cancel the trip) if the opaque providers don't come thru for you?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the response and the link to the FAQ.

I don't have a back-up reservation because it's no problem if I can't get a room. I was planning a weekend trip from Philadelphia but if the price isn't right, I'll either go somewhere other than NYC or I'll just try for another weekend. My plans are pretty flexible. I just want to get away for a day or two without spending a fortune.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]