Hotwire Hotel: Please help me identify 4 star in Loop and 4 star in N. Michigan/Water

cdn_shopper
By cdn_shopper,
in

Hey there,

I'm trying to find a friend a hotel in downtown Chicago on 4/25-4/27/07. They'd like to stay in a minimum 4 star hotel and somewhere convenient as they'll be sightseeing and wandering around Chicago.

I've got these amenities for 4 star loop: fitness, restaurant, business center and hi speed internet

$106/night

For N. Michigan/Water Tower/Gold Coast we have: fitness, restaurant, business center, hi speed internet and it's a customer favorite and a best value

it's $107/night

Any ideas?

I usually book on priceline myself but these are newbies who are afraid. I thought I would get them to try Hotwire at least. They've booked the Whitehall through the site a couple of weeks ago at $140/night and so they can cancel if they get a better deal.

The NMA/WT/GC hotel could be the Drake, Westin Michigan Ave. or Ambassador East, but the customer comment I'm seeing right now details the bed and the dual shower heads, so I'd lean towards (although am not guaranteeing) the Westin.

I'm guessing the Loop listing may be the Palmer House.

They can book their back-up hotel for just $128/nite using this Whitehall link.

If they want to know the hotel beforehand and still get a good deal they can book the Palmer House for $144/nite. There is no booking fee so really just about $30/nite more than what you're cosidering on HOTWIRE with a bit more peace of mind (and cancellable up until a few days before their check-in date)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 months later...
They can book their back-up hotel for just $128/nite using this Whitehall link.

If they want to know the hotel beforehand and still get a good deal they can book the Palmer House for $144/nite. There is no booking fee so really just about $30/nite more than what you're cosidering on HOTWIRE with a bit more peace of mind (and cancellable up until a few days before their check-in date)

Sorry for not replying with what happened. I did research for these friends but they ended up booking the Whitehall through its own website for $140. They were too nervous and confused by Priceline. I've tried to convert my friends but no one, other than my brother has tried. I just hate paying retail!!!

Thanks for your help anyway.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]