Priceline Hotel: 3* DC (Georgetown-Foggy Bottom) Georgetown University Conference Cente

cunparis
By cunparis,
in

Following the strategy in this thread (). BTW, I've usedthis site and priceline for several trips and this is the first time I really truly understand the power of adding rebidding zones. This is brilliant.

Ok, here is what I've done. All access to priceline via savingsbarn.com (click priceline hotels)

April 16 - 22 (6 nights)

Select 4* Dupont Circle...

bid $80

added Alexandria - Old Town Area

bid $90

close browser

select 4* Dupont Circle + Arlington

bid $100

bid $110

close browser

select 4* Dupont Circle + Crystal City

bid $120

bid $130

close browser

select 4* Dupont Circle + Springfield

bid $140

bid $150

close browser

select 4* Dupont Circle + Arlington + Crystal City

bid $160

bid $170

close browser

Now I'm rethinking my strategy because $170 is the upper end of our budget. I could go a bit higher, but I'd prefer to have a 3* $100 room instead of a 4* $200 room. My criteria is to be near the metro, we have a 1.5 year old.

I need a strategy for a 3* hotel. I've checked Quickbook & easyclicktravel (through the links here) and Quickbook has nothing and EasyClickTravel is like $254/night.

I just added Carlyle Suites as a backup, but it is on request so I'm not sure I'll get it. I can cancel if I find something via priceline.

I think the cherry blossom festival is messing me up. It ends the 15th and we arrive the 16th. I think if I split my bid, maybe 16 & 17 we could pay a higher price and then get a better deal for the other days. It's just a pain changing because we won't have a car and with the baby and the fact that checkout is usually at 11am and checkin after 2pm, etc...

We're willing to stay in the outlying areas but not in an area that's dangerous. We've looked in nearby cities but when I check some of the tripadvisor ratings people mention the front desk being behind bullet proof glass, etc.

We're seriously considering just skipping Washington DC altogether. I've never had this happen before, usually the plane ticket is harder to get than the hotel.

I finally got a hotel. I was desperate so I started bidding 2.5 star in dupont and then georgetown. I was going to work my way down and keep increasing. Well I got the Georgetown University Hotel for $110/night. After I read the trip advisor reviews I about died. It's 2 miles from the metro! The little write-up on DC zones by travelguy is accurate. But then I read a tripadvisor review that said there is a free shuttle to the metro, and another said there is one to downtown. So if that's true all won't be lost.

Thanks michigan guy for your help. Can you please update the subject?

Congratulations on your success... glad you got it settled and have one hotel for your complete stay.

Sounds as if the hotel knows they're a 'bit out of the way' and compensate for that with the shuttle service... which should work out well (assuming reliable).

Can you confirm that this property is still rated 3 stars?

Thanks for the post and for using the SavingsBarn.com PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]