MA Boston Hyatt Regency Cambridge

ayakkadan
By ayakkadan,
in

Stayed 2 days at the Hyatt Regency in Cambridge [3 star] for $ 60 + tx per day. Good location, overlooking the Charles river and Boston skyline. Upgraded me to a riverview for only $10 additional per day. The room itself was smallish, and the bathroom was even more so... no bathtub either. Carpet stained with the footprints of the iron table in the room, and looked a little worn. All these were made up for by the lovely view from the room. Room was clean over all. Great and friendly service all around. The restaurant 'Zephyr on the Charles' had limited menu options, but had a great view, and great service. No other restaurants nearby. The other drawback was that the T station was about a mile away, although the hotel does run a shuttle to the T from 9 am- 6 pm. Parking is $30 a day with unlimited in/out privileges [although they charged me only $30 for my 2 day stay... a mistake maybe, but I wasn't complaining]. Overall, I would think of staying here again.

• 3 months later...

Just a follow-up on the room. King bed and pillows/linens were excellent. Space decent. View was okay, but a room directly on the Charles River would have been much better. Make the request! Shower was so-so, could stand for more pressure or a better spray head. Desk for PC faces a wall. The TV is on the opposite wall so you have your back to it! Bad planning for business travelers. They like to work and watch. No mini-bar for what that's worth (late night nip, bad munchies). Great, but expensive restaurants in the hotel with amazing views of Boston. No retaurants within walking distance, just a Trader Joes grocery.

Extra costs: Internet cost $10 per day, so factor that in if you need to surf. Parking garage is $33-35 per day. I arrived at 11:30pm, left at 9:00am (8.5 hours) and received no break, even though the sign said 8-12 hours is $30. Said overnights are full charge regardless. If you arrive late and leave early, you might find a street spot, but there are not many.

My $60 room cost me $118 -- taxes $15, parking $33, internet $10.

• 2 years later...

I stayed at this Hyatt last week.

It is at the quiet side of the MIT campus and far away from the Red Line Kendall/MIT station. The Green Line Boston U Central station is about 10 minute walk across the river. Bus CT2 runs at 15-30 minute interval between 6am and 7pm on weekdays. Parking is $35/day, off-street parkings are available outside the office hours.

The Twin Lobster Dinner is an excellent deal at $24.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]