Priceline Hotel: 3* Cologne (Downtown) Marriott

pmc22
By pmc22,
in

Bidding as follows:

5* bids of $72 and $76 rejected (2nd bid includes airport).....logged out so I could have 2 bids at 3*

3* bid of $61 (downtown) accepted

Total charges $150.03

Extremely excited with this bid as it was for my parents and they always get nervous when I book overseas hotels for them!!!

I skipped the bid on 4* as I really didnt want the Renaissance and if I did get upgraded so be it. Any tricks to avoid PL searching for star levels above what your bidding on???

Elsewhere the 3* wins in the past have been the marriott and mercure.

Marriott goes for $150 + tax a night on internet websites and the Mercure can be had for $76 inclusive of taxes. Even though the Mercure has good reviews I really wanted the Marriott, decided to roll the dice and just happened to luck out!!!

used savingsbarn.com for my purchase

Congratulatons on your (parent's) win!

This looks like a very nice deal for these dates at this property.

I recently researched Cologne and this can be a very tough zone to bid due to it's size and the differing quality within in each class of hotel... nice to see this one work out so well.

No way to avoid unwanted upgrades, although if you have a sense of 'generally accpeted price levels' of the higher rated hotel you can try to keep your bids below that level. Also, i believe the rate for this nite is actually $150EUR (about $200 US) so an even better deal than you may have previously thought.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]