Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA) Millenium Knickerbocker

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

Just adding this info from THIS POST since the user ended up using both Priceline and Hotwire:

I decided to bid the first three nights (out of five) at priceline. We didn't mind changing hotel rooms once.

Figured I could live with the Hyatt if it came up for cheap. So here goes - for 3/18 - 3/21 (Thurs-sun), bid $50. Not accepted. Went up in $10 increments until I hit $90, then ran out of "free" re-bids. Had the person i'm traveling with try until $116 then quit. Looking at other websites for the Hyatt and others (Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com), it seemed like Saturday night was very booked if not sold out.

Time to change strategies. Checked out Hotwire for different dates (Sat - Tues, 3/20 - 3/23). Based on guidance from the chicago hotwire section of this board, it looked to me as if I could get Millenium knickerbocker for $127 per night. Seemed like a better location and hotel, so I went for it and got it.

Details: 4*, NMA area, amenities are restaurant, fitness, business center.

No. of Rooms: 1

No. of Nights: 3

Price Per Night: $127.00

Subtotal: $381.00

Taxes / Booking Fees: $58.95

Total Price: $439.95

Then went back to priceline for the first two nights to try again, since hotwire had prices of closer to $100 for those nights. Bid $60 for NMA area on the first try (got tired of losing bids the previous night), and got the Hyatt. The details: 4*, NMA area:

Your Offer Price: $60.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $120.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$25.24

Total Charges: $145.24

Probably could've gotten the hyatt for cheaper, but it's still a better price than any 4* that hotwire was offering. Still very pleased!

Hope this helps someone else. I can't imagine what the BUZZ could possibly be...!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]