VA Northern VA Westin Tysons Corner

gotatravelbug
By gotatravelbug,
in

Won this hotel for a stay last night. It was a 3* class rating.

Pros:

1. Newly refurbished rooms. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable (heavenly beds). Modern fixtures and contemporary decor.

2. Double shower heads and curved shower rods.

3. Great location - very close to the mall :) and easy access to 495.

4. New, cozy lobby. Felt completely at ease to hang out there.

5. Shuttle service - when you adjust your expectations.

6. Nice work out facility with up to date treadmills. There was an elliptical machine, recumbent bike and weight equipment. :D

Cons:

1. Service was hit or miss. Front desk staff was always pleasant. Concierge was spotty. I had one person at the concierge desk walk away from me despite me standing right in front of him to put a telephone book away at the front desk before even acknowledging me. I felt that it was completely rude. :o The room service was behind so they kept pressuring me to eat in their restaurant as to oppose to ordering. You tell me 45 minutes and I say ok then it should be dropped. Do not keep saying "We're so behind are you sure you don't want to come down to eat?" Again, rude and annoying. :)

2. Restaurant food was blah. Skip it and go out to eat even if you are dog tired. Don't believe it when their brochures people drive miles from all over to eat there. We didn't want to go back out and ended eating a hamburger there. We wish we hadn't.

3. Shuttle - It's great as long as you understand they may not be able to pick up when you are ready. We had to take a cab back even though they say it runs every 15 minutes to/from the mall. I called and was told it would be a hour before they could come get us. If they'd told us up front that the shuttle runs to the mall and to other points of interest farther away we would've just drove ourselves or adjusted our expectations.

4. Where were the valet guys to assist with parking and luggage? :)

Despite the hit or miss service I'm pleased with the rooms and the location. I'd stay again at this property only if I won it off Priceline. I'm okay with paying full price if service is what I expect it to be.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]