Los Angeles, California 90045

310-568-9337

Your Offer Price: $50.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $50.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $14.45

Total Charges*: $64.45

Getting this night organized turned a little difficult since my Priceline Hacienda bid was canceled by priceline at my request.

I had decided I wanted to pay $60-65 for a 3-4 star property at LAX for this night. Using all zones as free rebids except Downtown (since I had never seen any other zone except LAX & DT come in at these price levels), I'd bid:

LAX 4* $60 (if fail, then)

LAX 3* $60 (if fail, then)

close browser/login again

LAX + 1 zone 4* $65 (if fail, then)

LAX + 1 zone 3* $65

If that failed, I assumed inventory hadn't been released yet and would wait a while and come back and try again later, adding any additional zone (except DT). This let me continue the same bid session over an entire day. My travel partner would then try the same strategy the next day. We finally gave up today after more than a week of constant trying and bid for a 2* and above (while hoping the Hacienda wouldn't show up again!).

We started at $35 and went up by increments of $5 until getting the Extended StayAmerica LAX at $50 (which shows rack rates of $120 for this date). There's only one TripAdvisor rating but it's recent and very positive. We just needed a place to sleep from a late night LAX arrival so this will be fine. I guess Thereuare can add this hotel to the LAX list.

As a footnote: I had tried mtc's strategy of going with EasyClickTravel's $70 CrownePlaza "on request" offer. Unfortunately, I didn't experience the same responsiveness as mtc. I waited from Wednesday to Sunday for them to confirm and finally gave up and asked them to cancel the order as I was running out of waiting time.

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned in our reply to your own Priceline Los Angeles thread, you can not bid on a specific property.

As well, priceline only guarantees double occupancy... and you're seeking quadruple occupancy (plus a baby = quintuple occupancy). Given the ESA properties 'standard room' (which is what you'll get thru the opaque providers) is a room with one bed, i don't think this property would work out too well for you, even if you could guarantee this is the one you would receive.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]