Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Paramount

iced_lemon_t
By iced_lemon_t,
in

I have just enrolled as members here and has only one experience with Priceline bidding two years back.

I tried to use your bidding strategy as given in previous posts in getting a hotel in MTW, following your combination right form $120 all the way to $160 but was unsuccessful :)

i guess it was fully booked during that period for there is a big conference at Hilton New York from 29may till 2may. should i break my booking then?

Any recommendations or help would be greatly appreciated.

from Bangkok

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates, and subsequently bidding strategies, are date specific, so we don't recommend following a strategy that was suggested in another thread for date(s) that are different than your own... it can lead to wasted bidding opportunities, or worse, and overbid.

Exactly which zones did you bid? (was MTE, MTS, UM/CPS included in any of your previous bidding) Which zones are acceptable to you? What is your maximum bid?

Let us know the above and we'll have a closer look at your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You an try as follows...

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTW and MTE...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190.

If the above is rejected you may want to consider booking a cancellable back-up (perhaps a 1BR suite at the Beekman Tower for $213/nite).

Let us know how it goes and if you are rejected, we'll suggest a new strategy to try again in 24 hours.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]