Priceline Hotel: Venetian Thur April 19 to Sat April 21 - bid amount?

bkhanley
By bkhanley,
in

First let me say I love this site. I intend to use it to get a room in Vegas either thru Hotwire or Priceline for the dates listed.

Currently, directly thru Harrahs, I have a room there for for $120 on Thurs and $220 on Friday. Like a golfer, I want to improve my lie, and my room at Harrah's is fully cancellable with no fees.

My budget is close to an average of $150 - $175 for the two nights for a four star, however, for the 5 star Venetian, I would pay up to $215 per night. My question is do you think I even have a shot at getting it for that much if they are currently asking over $400 directly. Also, if I do bid on the Venetian, how far in advance or close to travel date should I make my Priceline bid to give me highest chance of them biting on a $200 bid?

Thanks.

Dallas Park Cities trip never ended up happening, partially because of uncertainty of hotel price. I added the same comment in the original thread. Whether I get the Venetian or not in my attempts, I will reply here with the final outcome once complete (which may be for a month from now as I may wait til closer to the time of my stay to start bidding depending on the advice I get on here for optimal timing of bidding relative to dates of stay.

I don't think you have a realistic chance at the Venetian if rates are $400+ for the nites of your stay.

If you do want to try you have seven re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* Strip...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $215.

Assuming the above is unsuccessful, post back when you're ready to try for a 4* and we'll use current prices to suggest a bidding strategy at that time.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help. Like you, I believe my odds are slim, but I will give it a shot. If I don't get Venetian on Priceline, I will most likely just keep my Harrah's direct reservation since there are so many 4 star hotels and I would just assume stay at Harrah's if I don't get the Venetian. I will let you know my results, successful or not, on getting the Venetian, and where I max out on priceline on the bid if unsuccessful.

• 2 weeks later...

Made my first attempt at getting Venetian on Priceline for $200 or less. Started bidding at $160 per night and got to $200 with multiple zones and got shot down. I don't have real high hopes but I will keep bidding each night. Just for my peace of mind, do I recall that I am safe to add every zone in Las Vegas as only the Venetian has ever come up as a 5 star hotel in Vegas for any of the zones?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]