Priceline Hotel: LAX Region Safe?

foftravel
By foftravel,
in

Hi everyone,

Planning a trip to LA in May. Based on prices, looks like LAX and Long Beach offer the best prices for 4*. However, I've been told to avoid Long Beach because of all the gangs. So that's out for me. Anyone have any comments on the safety of the airport areas?

My backup plan would be to stay in the Redondo Beach area. How is that area?

Thanks in advance!

FOFT

I stayed in the LAX area last summer and found it very safe. That being said, I didn't venture out much after dark but not because of safety. It was in the upper 50s and felt very chilly (I'm from Hawaii). Also, I didn't have a car so was walking everywhere and didn't want to get lost at night wondering around. Just and additional bit of info.... I was traveling by myself and am female ... safety was never a concern during my 4 day visit.

There is nothing there, it's just a bunch of hotels and an airport. Would recommend Redondo/Hermosa/Manhattan area for beaches, West Hollywood area for nightlife, or Orange County if interested in Disneyland area or beaches. All can be pretty expensive, though. The only reason to stay near airport is for price and/or flying in and out of.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]