Hotwire Hotel: 2* Rockford Extended StayAmerica

SinatraFan
By SinatraFan,
in

Here's a new one for the IL list!

2* Extended Stay America Rockford - East.

653 Clark Drive

Rockford, Illinois 61107

1 room(s) @ $39.00 per night x 1 night(s) (Mar 19-20)

Taxes, recovery charges, and fees

1 room(s) @ $39.00 per night x 1 night(s) $39.00

Taxes, recovery charges, and fees $11.18

Total $50.18

The only Amenity listed was: "Laundry Facilities: <amenity names only please... not descriptions>"

Tried Priceline 1st & had $37 bid for 3* and 2.5* rejected. Normal rate on ESA's website is $65-$75.

• 4 weeks later...

I used Hotwire for the first time a few weeks ago, getting Extended Stay America for $39 for one night. When I checked out I got a receipt stating "Advance Deposit Credit $33.59, Rm229 HOTWIRE LOW $29.99". Taxes were $3.60 which is what made it 33.59.

Hotwire charged me $39.00 for that night, plus $11.18 in "Taxes recovery charges and fees", for a grand total to Hotwire of $50.18.

Is it normal to get a receipt that shows what Hotwire paid for the room? Seventeen bucks profit on a thirty-three dollar room ....

It's not normal for the hotel to show/give you this receipt.

As long as you were happy with the price vs a traditional booking i wouldn't worry too much about what HOTWIRE made... you'd be very surprised if you knew how much mark-up was involved in many of the items you buy every day.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]