Priceline Hotel: 3* Minneapolis (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

Jason Trumble
By Jason Trumble,
in

For Starters...First time here! Awesome forums, glad I found this place!

Was trying for the Holiday Inn Select in Bloomington. Didn't think I had a chance weekday of getting downtown rates this cheap, so it really wasn't even a thought at first.

First bid of $30 was rejected. Added on Fridley, Re-bid of $35 was rejected. Added on a few other surrounding cities that didn't have 3* hotels (Eagan and Burnsville I think - sorry cant remember the exact order), rebids of $40 and $45 rejected. Then I added on University - Metrodome area and got Hyatt, which should be in the downtown area. That's the wierd part, since the Hyatt I wouldn't think would be in the University - Metrodome area of their map. Has anyone ever gotten the Hyatt using Metrodome area? Not that I am complaining, I was just surprised by the outcome.

The only drawback is the $16/day parking, but I'm very happy with the results. I have stayed there before when I lived in Minneapolis. I Remember the room I had before had a great view. Certainly not the best hotel I've stayed in by any means, but definatelty not the worst! By the sounds of things, the beds and linen have been upgraded since I stayed there (probably 4-5 years ago).

For those of you who have stayed there, any suggestions on things I should watch out for? Any better (i.e. cheaper!) parking options that are close by? Planning on checking in early, we'll be in Minneapolis on Saturday (3-31) staying at the Grand Hotel downtown for the 1st day (through Expedia @ $129 - wish I could have afforded it for the week, but obviously weekday rates at the Grand are rediculous!) Would like to have a king NS room, hopefully they will be able to accommodate.

Details:

Congratulations, you got your price of $47 for a 3-star hotel room.

Check-In Date: Sunday, April 1, 2007

Check-Out Date: Thursday, April 5, 2007

Hotel Name: Hyatt Regency Minneapolis

1300 Nicollet Mall

Minneapolis, Minnesota 55403

612-370-1234

Your Offer Price: $47.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 4

Subtotal: $188.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $32.27

Total Charges*: $220.27

Used SavingsBarn.com :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This hotel is in the Downtown zone... the reason you were accepted when you added the University zone is because your previous bid ($45) wasn't enough. When you added the Unversity zone (and also included the Downtown zone) in your bid, and increased to $47, this was now enough for this property and you were accepted.

Rates for these dates booked thru traditional methods start at $179/nite... so i think you did very well :)

Thanks for sharing your results and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've stayed there before and yes expensive parking is unavoidable, although I would call them and ask for your options. They are also pretty accomidating with request, I would put them ahead of time. Also unless you want to walk a mile out of your way to stay warm, I would suggest avoiding the skyways until you get to the more central core of the skyway system by Macy's or the Target store. By the sounds of it, you wanted to stay in Bloomington. To get down there better, take the lightrail to aviod the hassle of traffic and go from there. Maybe take a bus on Nicolett to the lightrail and transfer. Here is a map of downtown Minneapolis to help in some planning.

~JS

Jason's Storm- Making one killer deal after another. With something other than a machete to the head.

From the ashes of Friday the 13th Forum, rises Friday the 13th: The Community. A new beginning has arrived.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]