Priceline Hotel: Palo Alto Suggestions

jquero
By jquero,
in

Hi everyone,

can anyone offer me any suggestions on how to bid for hotels in the Palo Alto area from Thursday April 5 to Sunday April 8 for a total of four nights. I would like to try for the Westin Palo Alto as it is very close to Stanford University where I will be. The prevailing rate for that hotel is 129$ a night. I am also willing to book a room in the areas north and south of there(Redwood City as well as San Jose and points south). I know Priceline has a double occupancy guarantee and nothing more, but I would have 2 roommates so splitting the cost would help me go to a higher maximum bid. I would like somewhere along a 60$ room, which I think might be possible. Thanks for your help.

Thursday April 5 to Sunday April 8 for a total of four nights
This is three nites... is your check-out date actually April 9th?
I am also willing to book a room in the areas north and south of there(Redwood City as well as San Jose and points south)
I see the Redwood zone... but exactly which southern zones are you willing to accept?

Also, what is your minimum star rating? The Westin is a 4* property, but the highest rating available in the Redwood zone is 2.5*, so not really sure what you're willing to accept.

Please clarify the questions above and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My mistake, my arrival date would be Thursday April 5th departing on Sunday April 8th for a total of three nights.

I thought I had looked at the Redwood City star ratings but now I realize I did not and only did see the ratings for the

San Jose and the

Sunnyvale/Santa Clara areas

my three new areas that I would be willing to bid in would be Palo Alto/Mountain View, Sunnyvale/Santa Clara, and San Jose...in order of preference with a 3 star or better. Hope this clarifies

At the 3* level you have one re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Palo Alto..

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50.

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and repeat as follows:

Select 3* Palo Alto..

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60.

This will enable you to try for your prefered zone up to your maximum. If the above is rejected, we'll then add to the strategy to include your other two alternate zones.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and keep us updated with your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]